
Meet Ava Holt. She's my brand new niece, born at 3:05 on November 1 in Las Vegas, NV. We're so excited to welcome her to the family. Ava belongs to Amy and Matt, Brent's sister and her husband. Isn't she sweet!! She's a sleepy girl--so far! Holt is the name of the adoption agency that Brent's parents used when they adopted Amy.

Ava was anxious to come into the world--she arrived just 90 minutes after they got the to hospital, and before Amy was able to get an epidural. My poor sister-in-law. She had considered scheduling an elective Cesarean Section, but opted for a vaginal delivery. I know that she never meant to do it without drugs!! It's getting to be a theme among my friends and relatives!

Ava and her very proud momma. Ava weighed 7'11'' and was 20 inches long. Matt and Amy are so excited to have her home. We can't wait to meet her at Christmastime!





2 comments:
Congrats, Amy! Ava is beautiful. I wanted to name Anna Kate 'Ava Kate' but Michael liked Anna Kate better. LOVED Maura's skunk costume!
I was shocked to hear you had not bought pumpkins prior to Halloween, seeing as you practically lived at the pumpkin patch this fall! We never bought pumpkins. There were just a few days between me returning from Ky. and Michael flying to Tenn. to be in a wedding, so we were doing good to actually remember it was Halloween!
Just a clarifying note. We had actually bought two pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, but they got rotten spots on them before Halloween, so I just didn't want to stick my hand inside a rotten pumpkin. Also, I'm too cheap to buy big pumpkins at the pumpkin patch where they cost $10, so I waited too long to buy them at Walmart and they were gone!!
Post a Comment