Saturday, November 3, 2007

BOO and a boo-boo!


This year, we decided to celebrate Halloween with a bang. Literally! On the evening before Halloween we were at Wal-mart picking up a few things when Maura decided to be very affectionate. She was being so sweet, giving me lots of hugs and kisses while sitting in the cart. The last time she went to hug me, she did it with gusto, missed and slammed her head down on the bar of the cart. She must have hit it just right, because she managed to cut open the side of her eye. You could hear the screams all over the store, because Brent was on the other side of the store and he came running to find out what happened. It was a very sad scene. We finally got her calmed down, cleaned the cut, and I put a little steri-strip on it.


BUT the next day she woke up with a black eye! If you look closely at her right eye, you can see the bruising above the eye. You can tell that it was really bothering her a lot, right? Mommy was super funny on Halloween. We figured that Halloween was probably the best day of the year to sport a black eye, because it kind of looks like part of the costume!

I just had to include this super cute picture of her on the Sunday before Halloween. I love this dress so much. It has removable collars for Halloween, Thanksgiving and birthdays.

Happy Halloween everyone! I know that you're supposed to carve your pumpkins several days before Halloween so that you have a chance to light and enjoy them for a few days, but this year we were a little behind. Because I was so busy studying for my test the few weeks before Halloween, I forgot to even BUY pumpkins!! I bought these the morning of Halloween on super clearance.(I wonder why???) What a cute little punkin! Do you know how difficult it was to get her to sit still long enough for this shot??

Maura cleaning out the goop. I really thought she'd be a lot more interested in this whole process, but really she gave it a few halfhearted attempts and abandoned the pumpkins to the lure of the slide. Mommy was stuck cleaning out the pumpkins and Brent and I carved them in about five minutes right before the trick-or-treaters showed up.

My whole family came over to eat chili and help hand out candy to the millions of trick-or-treaters that we get. We got Maura all dressed up and she helped to hand out candy. In case you can't tell, she's a skunk. I loved this costume because I call her my little stinker! She can be one sometimes! As you can tell, she's all ready to hand out candy, Pixy Stix in hand.


Maura and Daddy on Halloween. She's waiting for the kids to show up. When we had a lull in the action, she'd start yelling, "Kids, 'cmon!" She loved all the costumes and all the activity, and especially all the candy!

Our friends Dawn, Jeremiah and Lily stopped by. Lily is dressed as a vampire because she has the most hilarious "Dark Lily" look. It's very convincing.

Maura with some ill gotten goods. I didn't want to take her trick-or-treating because I figured that she didn't really need all the candy, so I did let her pilfer through the hand out candy from time to time. She took it to extremes, though, and felt like she needed a new piece every few minutes. We finally tried to cut her off, but not before the damage was done. She was wired!

Handing out candy. Like I said, she loved this part and would have given two handfuls of candy to each kid if I would have let her. She did get a little scared of some of the kids wearing scary masks, and she'd just kind of sink in to my lap and hide her face.

End of Halloween. What a tired little stinker!! She had just enough energy to give Aunt Katie, Aunt Lorie, Grammy and myself a good version of her naked dance, which occurs every night after her bath. I'd love to show it sometime on this blog, but I'd get arrested!! Needless to say, it's a hilarious sight!

No comments: