Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I know that we did! I'm attempting to crawl out of blog obscurity to get these photos on the web. We're in Kentucky this week, well indefinitely, until Lorie has her baby. We're all on baby watch and poor Brent had to head back to real life in Georgia. So, honey, these photos are for you! I know you miss your kiddos so much and I wanted to make sure you had a great dose of them! The Allen Family on Easter morning. NO, Tristan is not wearing a dress! I've taken a lot of heat for this little outfit. I think he looks adorable!
We attended our own church on Sunday morning and it was so refreshing to worship with our home congregation. Well, refreshing up until the moment that I disturbed the whole service by having my cell phone ring right in the middle of a baptism. Embarrassing! Grammy and Aunt Emily were there to welcome us home from church.
Maura was so excited to "find" her basket! The Easter Bunny filled it with lots of little toys and only a little bit of candy because he knew just how much candy that she'd gotten at the three various Easter egg hunts that she'd already participated in! More on that to follow...She did manage to consume an entire row of peeps in about thirty seconds flat!


Tristan was super excited about his Easter eggs filled with fruity Cheerios! My ball lovin' boy was in heaven!
My sweetie has filled this Easter basket for me every year since the first Easter we were dating! What an awesome guy! Who doesn't love a man who brings them chocolate?? Don't worry, Brent received quite a bit of chocolate from me too! Actually, the first year we were dating, Brent showed up for a visit at Easter with a full Easter basket for me. I hadn't done one for him because I figured he would think it was childish. He didn't...he was worried that I didn't care about him because I didn't think about doing one for him! Needless to say, I haven't missed an Easter since!

Tristan got a stuffed bunny from Mommy and Daddy. He loved it. He buried his head in the fur and squealed, then drooled on in. I call that a success! Maura got a kite and a Tinkerbell movie. My girl didn't need any more incentive to wear fairy wings! I might never get them off of her now! Brent had to leave right after brunch to head back to Georgia, so the kids and I said goodbye and tried to enjoy the rest of Easter without Daddy.
Emily and Brad enjoyed playing with Tristan on Easter Sunday. Tristan thought it was hilarious to hit Brad's air filled cheeks. Everyone is a comedian!
After naps, we headed out on an Easter Egg hunt. On this hunt Maura had zero competition. Pappap hid all the eggs and Maura had all the time in the world to mosey about and find them without another kid grabbing them out from under her nose. It was her kind of hunt! Scott and Katie took control of Tristan's stroller for our "high speed" Easter egg hunt. Don't they just look so natural pushing a baby stroller. This could be you in just a few more years, guys
Grammy and Tristan took a time out from the hunt for a photo op. Did I mention that the egg hunt took awhile?? It wasn't that the eggs were hidden so well, it's that my girl is a little bit of a space cadet and has to practically step on an egg before she sees it! We took a very leisurely walk around the yard to find her 44 eggs! Her favorite part of the hunt--rescuing an egg from the tree.
Tristan says, "Where's my eggs?" Lorie and the kids and I took a walk up the lane. We're trying to walk that baby out!! She's due on the 26th, but we're all hoping for a MUCH sooner arrival. Go baby, go!!
Maura stopped to smell the flowers...well, blow the flowers. She tried to let Tristan blow the flowers too--but all he got was a mouthful of fluff! Too cute. These moments of sibling cooperation and interaction are few and far between right now, so I'll take what I can get!
After an awesome Easter dinner, I think we were all ready to curl up for some naps. Uncle Micah and Maura cuddled up to watch Tinkerbell together. Because of our conflicting schedules for Easter, we forgot to get any grandparent photos until it was bedtime! My parents don't always look this nuts--Tristan was ramming his head into Pappap's chest because he liked the sound it made! My poor dad!! We really had a very pleasant Easter. We missed spending the afternoon with Brent and we're really going to miss him while we're on baby watch, but we'll talk to him often and we'll look forward to seeing him as soon as the baby makes her arrival. I'll keep you posted!

post signature

2 comments:

Brent said...

I love the pictures, honey! I love and miss you!

Michael and Hannah said...

Gorgeous pics! Julie, you're so skinny & pretty! I gave up trying to wear white a long time ago... it's black, black, and more black on these thighs for me! And Brent IS awesome for getting you an Easter basket! Michael wouldn't even know it was Easter if I didn't remind him. He has other wonderful qualities, but such romantic gestures are just not his thang!