Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pre-Wedding festivities

Weddings in our family tend to turn into all week events. Who would guess that I or anyone related to me would be over the top about celebrating??!? We kicked the wedding festivities off with Katie's personal shower the weekend before the wedding and just kept at it from there. I spent several weeknights that week at Mom and Dad's house helping to put together programs, gift bags and favors. By Thursday night, we had most of the "work" done and were free to relax on Friday. We opted for a trip to the nail salon for all the bridesmaids. Maura came along because she was part of the wedding party too! She was so excited to be included as one of the big girls, and she loved getting to hang out with Aunt Katie.

Maura couldn't get enough of the tiny chairs, the foot baths and the multitude of color choices! Aunt Emily and Aunt Lorie joined in the relaxation.

The manicurist(is that what you call them?) indulged me with filling a foot bath for Maura and even putting the blue crystals in. What is that stuff anyway? Maura soaked her feet for at least 45 minutes. That water had to be freezing by the time she actually got her feet done! Mom and Brita enjoying their massage chairs.

When it was FINALLY(and I mean finally--we were there a full two hours) time for Maura to get her nails done, she raced and jumped in a chair and held very still while he worked on her. She was fascinated with the whole process and loved every minute of it. Getting the fingernails done. I have no idea how much it cost for her nails because Mom paid, but I hope she doesn't get used to this kind of pampering!

All spiffed up and ready to go, we headed over to the rehearsal. Maura was WAY into pretending to throw her flowers down the isle. I think she practiced her walk about five times before the rehearsal even started! Megan and Josh. Megan was Katie's bridesmaid.
Some of the other bridesmaids, Brita, Lorie and Joanna. All the girls(minus a few flower girls--you can see CJ in the front and the top of Maura's head). From left to right: Julie, Lorie, Emily, Megan, Brita and Joanna.

Nope, Maura didn't like the dessert at the rehearsal dinner AT ALL! Maura and Alex with their great grandparents at the rehearsal dinner. Pappap and Grandma Bridge loved hanging out with their great granddaughters.

Alexandra was styling in her green dress. She's getting cuter by the day and much more interactive. She was eating my necklace today and touching my face. I miss having a little baby! She's five months old now. Daddy and his sweet girl enjoying the rehearsal dinner. We were seated with a lot of Scott's groomsmen and didn't expect to have a great time, but we wound up having a pretty good conversation with them.

Katie, Maura and Scott relaxing before the big day. It was a fun rehearsal dinner and we enjoyed catching up with a lot of our out of town relatives.

We were up and at 'em bright and early the next day for our hair appointments! Maura and I dragged ourselves to the hair salon at 9am! Who makes appointments at 9am?? Thanks, Katie! Emily and Joanna waiting their turn. Megan getting all beautified.

Maura once again sat amazingly still for her hair appointment. Anyone who knows my child will know what a feat it is for her to remain still for more than ten seconds at a time, so I was so proud of her for sitting for the length of time it took to create...this! She looked so cute with her hair all braided and pinned up.

She was NOT in the mood for photographs. She was definitely in the mood for blueberry muffins, though!
Aunt Katie soon arrived to begin the beautification process. Maura and I rushed home from our hair appointments to spend time with Brent. It was his birthday and he had to share his day with Katie's wedding.

Brent's parents came up to help celebrate and attend the wedding, so we had a special birthday lunch and presents before we had to head back for wedding festivities. Me with my man on his birthday.<

Maura helped Daddy blow out the candles. Happy 34th, Daddy!!






post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Wow, Maura... I didn't get my first pedicure until I was 27! And that's the only pedicure I've ever had. You must be a special little girl!!

Julie, you and your sisters look SOOOO much alike. Cracks me up since I couldn't look more different from my sister. Makes me wonder what to expect with Anna Kate's little sister!