Due to some technical difficulties, I haven't had access to the Internet for a few days. It just seems to me that when you have a fairly new computer and a decent Internet provider that you pay through the nose for, everything should just work. Unfortunately, the Internet provider sent us a wireless adaptor that fit into the front of our computer and quickly became the target for falling toddlers everywhere. That little piece of metal and plastic got bent back and forth more times than I can count and eventually just gave up. I think we have the problem ironed out for now and I have service once again. Yay! I have lots of pictures to post so I guess I'll just start with the most recent. We decided to reprise our backyard camping experience from earlier this summer on Saturday. We learned a lot from our previous experience, namely that it's difficult to make smores over a charcoal grill. This time, I got out the big guns. I gave Brent an early birthday present of a fire pit. He spent some time putting it together on Saturday afternoon and we put it to good use that evening making smores.

Maura was so excited about camping out. She's an old pro at it now, due to her experience earlier this summer. She spent the whole afternoon asking about when she was going to get to eat
smores. I wish you could see her pajamas better. They say "
Smore kisses please!" This isn't really a sad face. It's her new "funny picture" face. She loved everything about the camping process, especially jumping on the air mattress. She even got to use her "new" princess sleeping bag that night.

I know, we're really roughing it! I'm not really a "roughing it" kind of a camper and this camping trip was just about my speed! I loved the comfy chairs, comfortable weather, air mattress and the indoor plumbing just steps away! We had a wonderful camping trip! On Sunday afternoon, we attended
Questapalooza, a music festival put on by my parent's church. Even little Alex attended and amazingly slept through most of the concerts. Look how
blond she's getting. She's four months old now.

Tristan and Maura were glad to see their Grammy and
Pappap and spend time with them. Umm, who's idea is this anyway?? " Tristan wasn't thrilled about the cold spray they were spraying on his head. Once it dried, he could have cared less. I thought he was adorable, though with the blue polka dotted head!

Maura WAS thrilled with the gigantic sand box and begged to play in it. I
acquiesced reluctantly, knowing that my kids would be filthy messes within moments of our arrival at the festival. I'm trying not to be a neurotic mom who won't allow her kids to get dirty. It's a learning process for me! Maura had a great time playing in all that sand.

Tristan had a great time breaking down everyone
else's sand castles. This boy is going to be a menace! Daddy and his kiddos getting ready to head down for some great music.

Cheapo mommy brought food in for her picky kids. I was NOT going to pay $6 for a pulled pork sandwich that they'd refuse to eat! I loved having my kids at this festival. I hope that exposing them to music early will help them to develop a lifetime love of music. Tristan is
definitely my musical child. He notices music a lot more than Maura and always breaks it down! Speaking of my sweet girl, she loved the concerts too. She danced like a crazy person. Lorie thought she looked like she was auditioning for a spot on
Peewee's Playhouse!

Maura and Aunt Katie always have fun together, even if it does result in Aunt Katie getting a bit mauled. Brad came up for the weekend to attend
Questapalooza and the grand opening of the new sanctuary at Quest. The kids loved seeing him and Maura hopped up to give him a hug as soon as she spied him.

We decided to ride one of the rides between concerts. I've lost a lot of my ability to ride anything that spins around. I get sick! Maura really wanted to ride, though, so we gave it a go!Aunt Katie CAN'T WAIT to get on the spinning ride! We cautioned Maura that we wouldn't be doing any
unnecessary spinning. We actually refused to get into a cart with two other young girls who said they were going to spin the ride! Katie and I managed to ride the whole thing without incident, but it stopped not a moment too soon!

Daddy and his girl enjoying the concerts. Maura had a great vantage point. We had an awesome time at
Questapalooza. We loved listening to Jars of Clay and Third Day. It was a throwback to my teenage years when I used to go to music festivals to hear the exact same groups! Third Day presented such an awesome message and Quest's pastor Pete followed it up with a wonderful altar call. Hundreds of people responded to give their lives to Christ. It was amazing to be a part of it all.

The kids did amazingly well despite the late hour and we finally took them back to the car, attempted to remove layers of dirt with baby wipes, and let Tristan drive home naked! I really think he thinks he's driving! What a fabulous figure!
1 comment:
Look at those dimpled buns! Ha! You guys are such a fun family... you're making me want to camp out in our backyard. Too bad it's HOT and the mosquitoes are horrible! Alex has hair! She's looking more like a girly girl!
Post a Comment