Monday, October 5, 2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like...fall!



It hasn't exactly been a scorching summer, but there has been a marked difference in the air this past week. We suddenly catapulted from the mid 80's to the upper 60's and smack dab into jacket season. I love fall and all that comes with it: apple picking, pumpkin patches and crisp fall walks. I'm excited to see the change in seasons and I loved changing all the summer clothes over to the adorable fall and winter outfits I have for the kids too! Maura makes me think of Animal from the Muppet's!

"Don't interrupt me for photos! Castle making is serious business!" What a ham! Tristan loves his slide and the fact that it has finally stopped raining so we can go outside to play.

Maura gives some, umm, GENTLE encouragement to get Tristan moving down that slide. Tristan's new thing is jumping. He thinks it's hilarious and jumps to get our attention. It certainly got my attention when he was jumping at the top of the slide! This is his jumping face--he gets this same expression every time he jumps. This weekend was the annual festival in our town. It's big doings in this little town and one of the most exciting events of the year. This festival leaves a lot to be desired, but we always attend and the kids always love it. We managed to catch the parade on both days of the festival and Maura really got in on the parade candy action. She was stationed between two bigger boys and kept getting candy stolen out from under her nose, but by the end of the parade she was giving those boys a run for their candy! I love seeing the kids decorate their horses for the parade. We watched several unicorns walk by. They were Maura's favorite!

Maura has always avoided face painting booths like the plague, so I was surprised when she actually was eager to get her face painted. I'm not sure if this look was the one she was intending, but she was happy with it! She looked like the dog from the Target commercials! Tristan was happy with his balloon. It was all he needed to make his night complete!
On Saturday, Tristan watched the parade from his post on Daddy's shoulders. Well, actually he spent a lot of time trying to get DOWN from Daddy's shoulders! Maura was being a goofball! She loved the parade, but I think she was having more fun covering my eyes! I don't even think I look like myself in this photo!

My favorite vehicle in the parade was this one. These horses were TINY! The ladies they were pulling, umm, not so much! The bride and her groom--the horse. YUCK!
My other fav?

post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Okay, you know I love you, but I've been DREADING these fall in Kentucky posts!! I'm in a fragile emotional state here... don't know if I can handle it! Can't believe how big your kiddos are getting. Oh, and as for that last photo - eewwwww!