Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Maura gives birth

We've always tried to be honest with our kids when they ask "those" types of questions. I prefer to use the real words for body parts and be honest about bodily functions than to have to have confusion later in life. We try to be nonchalant about such things and generally it works out and we have relatively few embarrassing moments with the kids. Maura had the full information about how Tristan would be born, so she has the same expectation for this baby. Her favorite movie at the moment is Milo and Otis, which has both a cat and dog birth scene. She watches this movie all the time and, understandably, this scene has become a part of her most recent pretends. I recently caught this hilarious scene on the camera and just had to share it with you. Maura came to me in this condition and told me that she was getting ready to have kittens. Look at those pants! I wasn't sure how many kittens to expect. I asked her how the kittens were going to be born and and she flopped down...
Pulled her pants open and peered inside...
And pulled out her first kitten.
It was soon followed by her second...

third...
and fourth kitten. Whew! This momma cat should be breathing a sigh of relief!
Maura laid down to nurse her kittens after her traumatic kitten birth! After all this, I questioned the wisdom of allowing her to watch birth scenes quite so often, but I guess there are a lot worse things that she could be watching. At least she's convinced that Milo and his honey are married!
Not to be outdone, Tristan has to get his cheese on whenever the camera comes out. As for a hair update, cutting his hair has allowed it to become MORE curly at times. This "do" is how he looks when he wakes up from naps. It's crazy, bit it's just so Tristan!!

Hope you enjoyed this insight into our crazy lives and what goes on around here on an almost daily basis! I love my funny kids!


post signature

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

she is so funny!! I still remember how curious she was about Wesley when you guys visited... Wesley is still oblivious!

Anna said...

Ha! You roped me in w/the title. And I must say, I was not disappointed! Too funny.