Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wicked!

We just came back from a fabulous getaway. My sweetheart bought me tickets to see Wicked for Valentine's Day. Does he know me, or does he know me? I LOVE theatre and we just don't go as often as I would like. I don't think we've seen a Broadway play since 2005 when we saw Miss Saigon. I was SO excited about our play, but even more because it was in Dayton and would require an overnight getaway. We've taken an overnight getaway before each of our children was born, but always waited until I was 34-36 weeks pregnant. I was super excited to be able to go a little earlier in this pregnancy so that I'm still feeling reasonably comfortable and don't mind leaving my own bed!

Wicked was AWESOME. Such a fun play--it is the "true" story of the Wicked Witch of the West. So funny, so entertaining, just a really great time. Brent loved it too, so it was just a really great evening. We started off with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and even though I couldn't possibly eat a piece of cheesecake, I ordered one for later. Yum. The play was fun and then we headed over to Wright Patterson Air Force Base where we snagged an awesome suite for $39. Gotta love military housing!! We got to sleep in this morning, the first time we've both slept in for months, It feels luxurious and decadent to sleep in until 10am! So well rested today, yet amazingly, so tired through the whole day. Can anyone explain that?? We had a fat filled breakfast at Bob Evans, then headed out for some shopping--amazing how much fun that can be without kids in tow. I loved it, not sure if Brent did. We finished out our date with a trip to IKEA and dinner and then headed home to our sweet kids. It was so much fun to see their sweet faces after being gone for the weekend. They were so happy to see mommy and daddy and we were just as happy to hold them in our arms again! I can't believe I forgot my camera for this awesome weekend, but believe me when I say it was so fun and so relaxing. I feel like a new woman!! By the way, it's official--our son will never be named. Brent and I cannot agree on a name. We talked names all the way up to and back from Dayton, but our choices are completely different. Anyone have any suggestions??

post signature

3 comments:

Anna said...

How fun!! I am so happy for you guys. I have often wondered what the play "Wicked" was about. So thanks for explaining! There is nothing like seeing your kids again after you've been gone for a while. It's so refreshing.
OK, so for the name, I can speak for Don here: "Bear" without a doubt. ;)
And tell Brent that I enjoyed his class this morning!

Allenfamilyadventure said...

After much consideration Julie has agreed to go with anything I come up with. This likely means that our son will take the name of some ancient Celtic-Germanic-Gaelic chieftain with a name meaning "Big tough warrior dude" or something along those lines. JUST KIDDING Julie - but this is what happens when you don't log out of your website! :-) I love you!

Oh, Anna - if we used the name Bear, I might get banned by my Tennessee family! We respect the guy - but he is still from BAMA!

Michael and Hannah said...

I'm jealous!!! Wicked came to Tampa... the week before I had Carigan and was on bed rest!! I was so bummed!