
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
A Magical Day
I looked forward to a specific event for all of March. Can you guess what it was?
This little girl was eagerly anticipating it as well, but probably not as much as her momma. It was the Disney on Ice show! I think I was WAY more excited about it than Maura even was. Kinda embarrassing, really, but those who know me know that I'm a big kid at heart. Maura and I stopped first to listen to Aunt Emily play her senior recital, which she did an awesome job with, and then we were on to see the princesses.
Oh, the anticipation! We didn't have long to wait--we got to our seats just as the action began. I gave both girls a Princess magic wand that I purchased at Wal-Mart so that I could avoid purchasing a $20 light up toy. They liked having something that lit up in the dark.
I took a zillion pictures. Well, at least a hundred pictures. I'll spare you the viewing of a hundred blurry dark digital photos and show you only a few of my favorite. Every act was more impressive than the last and I was amazed at the quality of the skaters. They were really good. I expected them to be able to skate around and act on the ice, but I didn't expect all the jumps and tricks they did.
Sleeping Beauty sleeping and waiting for that fateful kiss.
We were at Disney on Ice with our good friends Angie and Sarah. I loved that Maura had her best friend there to share the experience with her.
So excited to have a baby girl to share these fun moments with. I'm not saying that I wouldn't take my boys to see the performance--it was very Disney and I think a boy would enjoy it, but there's just something about taking your girl all dressed up like her favorite princess!
The girls were loving it and stayed glued to their seats even during intermission.
They requested a silly face photo. Someday, Maura won't love a silly face photo the way she does now--especially when they all show up in her senior slide show!
The highlight of the performance for Maura was Tinkerbell. I think she waited throughout the whole show for the two minute appearance of Tinkerbell!
Cinderella and the Prince's wedding capped off the wonderful performance. It was truly magical, just like everything else Disney does! We loved it and it was such a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon!
Our sweet little princesses had lots to say about the performance. I bet we'll be bringing them back again next year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Awww, so magical! Did I ever tell you the story about my Disney on Ice experience when I was 5?? My parents lost me in the hugest arena in Denver. There was a bathroom with a separate entrance & exit and they didn't know it and I went out someplace else while they were waiting by the in and somehow I ended up wandering through the arena halls alone. I do remember the being lost part. It was during intermission and the show started back and I wanted so badly to just sit down in a seat in the back and watch b/c I didn't want to miss anything, but I knew I'd get in trouble, so I kept looking. It was killing me to miss the show! I finally asked someone to help me. She hoisted me above her shoulders and I looked for my parents. I remember that part. Then she took me to security and they already had the report from my parents looking for me with my description, so it didn't take long to reunite us. I wrote a short story about the incident in middle school and it won an award and I was invited to read it out loud at the Carnegie Center. So that's my Disney on Ice experience. Glad you didn't lose Maura!
Post a Comment