We've been spending lots of time up at the school recently because Brent is coaching soccer this spring. Between soccer, school, teaching three college courses, Army reserve and church responsibilities, there hasn't been time for much family time at home. I try to take the kids up to the school so that they can see Brent at least once a day. They love having the run of the school while Brent has a planning period. It's a preschooler's paradise with lots of small spaces to hide in and a huge marker board to draw on.
Maura is in her element with the huge marker board. She has taken to drawing volcanoes which we carefully erase before the students arrive because they look a bit like phallic symbols!
Ever since the weather started getting warmer, we've tried to get outside every single day. This past winter was long and cold and now that we're seeing sunshine and blue skies we can't wait to get out and play. Maura and Tristan are loving trips to the park, and we're trying to squeeze in as many as possible before I get too big to chase after the kids.
My brave boy, ready to jump. Tristan has no fear AT. ALL. He would happily throw himself off of a huge piece of playground equipment in blind faith that his hugely pregnant momma will catch him. I love that my boy is courageous, but I can no longer catch this child who is nearly a quarter of my body weight!
My sweet kids in a rare moment of peace and tranquility. Maura and Tristan love each other very much and show their love by trying to play with the same things at the exact same. Just moments after I snapped this picture, Maura rocked the alligator, threw her head back and hit Tristan in the nose. Tears ensued.
One spring day, it was in the 80's and warm enough for water play. I wasn't about to invest the time or energy into getting out the swimming pool, so I got out three buckets and filled them with water and let the kids go at it. It's amazing how wet you can get in a bucket of water! It's amazing how much fun kids can have with water, paint brushes and some measuring cups. Why do I buy expensive toys again???
A boy in a bucket! He nearly fills up this bucket! He was mad that he couldn't get even further into it to get wetter.
Avery came over to play with us that day, but he wasn't interested in water play. He was more interested in hangin' out and drinkin' juice.
We celebrated Mom's birthday at our house over Easter weekend. Mom does so much for me and our family that we felt like we needed to thank her with a birthday dinner.
Emily, Katie and Scott came to help celebrate the birthday. It was fun to have everyone together.
Sweet Maura loves her Aunt Katie. She gets absolutely crazy when all her relatives are there to show off for. I often have to remind her to calm down before she gets herself into trouble.
We gave Mom tickets to see Wicked the Musical for her birthday. We hope that Mom and Dad enjoy their evening as much as Brent and I did a few months ago.
I wasn't going to include these photos, because they're a bit redundant, but they're probably the best photos taken on Maura in a long time. They completely capture her personality and free spirit. She's a wild child!
This one completely reflects Tristan recently. About half the time, Tristan is a happy go lucky, smiling, charming boy. The other half, he's a grump who flies into a temper at the least provocation. I hope that this is a transitory two year old stage!
Away she flies!
Aww, there's my charming boy! I knew he was in there somewhere. I'm trying to figure this big boy out. I'd love to get through the day with less tantrums. I'm just not strong enough to fight him anymore and I'm TIRED!
" Mommy, take another picture of me!" I'm not sure when we transitioned into the model phase of Maura's life. It seems like just last week that she was scowling in every photo ever taken. Now, I can't take enough of her!
Sweet kids. I love them so much. I had to include this photo because I wanted to point out who was on the up side and who was on the down side of the teeter totter. Yep, that would be my one year old outweighing my four year old!!






No comments:
Post a Comment