Friday, May 14, 2010

Random Spring Fun

I have lots of random photos from the past few weeks that are just too cute not to share. We've really enjoyed being out and about in the warm spring weather. I try to take the kids to the local little playground as much as possible so they can run out their wiggles! I've also been putting off changing out the kids winter and spring clothes this year. One day, I just bit the bullet and started the clothing migration.
The kids had a big time. They loved checking out all the new spring clothes. They also LOVED the barrettes I'd bought to go with all of Maura's new spring outfits. I found four packages at the bottom of Tristan's box, which meant there were 16 barrettes to share between the two of them. Maura helped Tristan to apply all of his barrettes and they were super happy with the results.
Maura was pretty proud of herself! So cute! She's turning into my girly girl and big helper. I know she's going to be a huge help to me when the baby comes. She loves being known as my big helper.
One beautiful day, we called our friends Leah and Carter and headed to a nearby wildlife sanctuary for the morning. Carter is Tristan's favorite little buddy. In fact, at church the other day, we could not get Tristan to stop talking about how Carter was in the row next to us. I love seeing Tristan's budding personality and social life. He's so different than Maura was at this age, and much more interested in his little friends. The kids all loved checking out the eagles at the sanctuary.
Tristan decided to go swimming in the stream. Actually, he was just picking out rocks and throwing them back in, but he managed to get soaked in the meantime. I didn't care, though! I was looking for any excuse to change him out of the pajama top that he'd refused to take off that morning! The kids had a great time running all over the wildlife park and Leah and I just tried to take it as easy as two pregnant mommas with crazy children can!
I hosted a shower for Leah at the end of April. She was expecting her first baby girl and we just had to celebrate. Maura and Lainey were big helpers and brought Leah all her gifts before she was even ready for them!
We also spent a LOT of time up at the school and soccer field during the months of March, April and May. Brent was so busy with soccer, college classes and school in general, that we had to go visit him instead of the other way around. The kids loved going up to practice and for games and loved seeing Daddy in his coaching role.
Tristan looks like a natural out on the soccer field. He can kick a ball pretty well and throw it even better. He LOVES soccer balls.
The highlight of the kids trip to the ball field is usually running up and down the ramp behind the control booth. SO much fun.
We celebrated my birthday at the end of April. I had recently had my abnormal glucose tolerance test and was having to prick my finger to check my blood sugar. Happy birthday to me. I was not able to indulge as I would have liked. It was Angel Food cake for dessert. Thanks, Mom, for making me a diabetic friendly meal. Maura loved celebrating with us.
Since Brent was going to be busy the night of my birthday, we celebrated as a family the night before at Ruby Tuesday. My how I love those cheeseburgers!
These last photos are from when we would visit Brent during the school day. Tristan and Maura love climbing up to write on the white board and fight over board space on the HUGE board.
Daddy and his sweet baby girl. She's so grown up these days. It makes me sad!! It was such a whirlwind spring and it's getting ready to get busier very soon. Stay tuned for some baby news.



post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm a loser and never have time to send cards anymore... I'm gonna have to stick to the 1-time Allen Family box of birthday gifts or I'd miss everything! Your kids are getting so big! I'm envying that gorgeous spring weather. Sorry about the finger-pricking party... hopefully you can make up for it next year and eat a vat of chocolate!