
Monday, May 24, 2010
Spontaneity
Brent's school system had a flood day two weeks ago. Yes, a flood day. We'd had torrential rains and the flooding blocked off some major roads in the county, preventing kids from getting to school. If we hadn't already missed over three weeks of school this year, I would have been ecstatic about it. As it was, I was happy to have my husband home, but a little concerned about what this means for when school gets out as I get bigger and more pregnant. I just want school to be OUT! Brent told me last week that last Friday would have been his last day of school if they hadn't missed so much during the winter. I have to admit, it made me more than a little sad. Despite the circumstances, we decided to capitalize on some unexpected family time and have some fun. Brent is not a spontaneous person. In fact, spontaneity seems to unsettle him considerably. When I suggested at 11:30 in the morning that we head up to the zoo for the afternoon, he looked at me like I'd grown three heads. He eventually warmed up to the idea and we quickly packed a lunch and headed up to the zoo.
This little guy kept the kids occupied for at least 20 minutes. He was just a little penguin, but he was so cute and charming that the kids kept wanting to watch him.
The zoo recently underwent renovations and had this brand new playground. The kids LOVED the playground and played forever. Maura even made a little friend and played for a long time with her. It feels like a victory when I see her make a friend. She's finally starting to come out of her shell.(no pun intended!)
Daddy loved helping his boy across the obstacle course. Tristan is a Daddy's boy and will not be separated from Daddy's side for long.
SHADES!! Two men in black shades.
Maura loves peacocks these days. She pretends to be one all the time. There are peacocks everywhere at the zoo and the kids loved following them around, but they were both floored by this impressive specimen. He kept his tail up the whole time we waited for the zoo train. He was beautiful.
Our first ride on the zoo train. It was expensive but totally worth it. The kids loved it, especially my train crazy boy.
Workin' the belly! Hard to believe that the next time we visit this zoo, I'll probably be carrying baby #3 in my arms!
We had to go all the way up to visit the engine for Tristan. We had such a pleasant day at the zoo that it made me wish we could always go on a weekday in the middle of the school year. Hooray for spontaneity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Love those special days! They will always be the best memories for the kids.
Post a Comment