Sweet friends! These girls have been "besties" since Maura was about four months old. Rather, Angie and I developed an almost instantaneous friendship the day we bonded over diapers in the church nursery and our friendship has grown and developed over the past few years. I think of Angie very much like a sister and her presence here will be greatly missed. It has actually taken me quite a few days to write this blog post because this has been such a painful adjustment to make this summer. We will miss you dear friends!
The girls had tons of fun playing on the big water bouncy house and doing all sorts of gymnastics before drying off and coming inside to play. Lily and Dawn then joined us and the three amigos were back together. I love how well these three play together--years of practice!
It wasn't long ago that we took a similar photo on the staircase at our home before we moved to Georgia. I hope and pray that these girls find themselves together again in just a few years. I know that it won't be long before Angie and Chris feel the pull of their "Old Kentucky Home" and they'll be ready for a move back! Below: A few days later, we went to a local pottery painting studio to make some custom creations. While we waited outside for it to open, Bennett was able to enjoy his very first quarter ride. He LOVED it. He smiled hugely the whole time the horses moved, then squealed when the ride stopped. I think I have a little adrenaline junkie on my hands!
We went to the studio in hopes of painting our customary year plates that I have from each year of the children's lives, but they didn't have the right size plates. Instead, Maura chose to paint a duck and Tristan a Lighting McQueen(what else?). Brent "helped" by painting an area on Maura's duck that she didn't want painted. She was NOT happy.
We went to the studio in hopes of painting our customary year plates that I have from each year of the children's lives, but they didn't have the right size plates. Instead, Maura chose to paint a duck and Tristan a Lighting McQueen(what else?). Brent "helped" by painting an area on Maura's duck that she didn't want painted. She was NOT happy.








1 comment:
I know you are so sad about Angie's move! Glad you have so many wonderful memories to treasure together... it's way more than our kids will ever have together. :o(
Post a Comment