Now that we've said our fond farewells to Christmas, I'm going to make a valiant attempt to catch back up on the blog. These events are already getting a bit fuzzy, so I'd better blog them before they disappear from my memory forever!
When we received Brent's orders regarding his mobilization, one of our first thoughts was that he'd be leaving in the middle of football season. This is a BIG deal. He has awesome assistant coaches, but being the head coach, it's difficult to just leave your team mid season. I think the sadness was pretty mutual--the players and parents hated to see Brent leave too. During one of the last home games, they did a tribute to Brent and invited us to attend as well. The kids and I watched the game from our usual spot in the parking lot of the end zone. I'm not foolish enough to attempt sitting in the stands with my active children. Bennett would certainly act like his usual kamikaze self and throw himself down the stairs. Nope, it's much safer to park ourselves down in the small coaches lot and allow the kids to play with balls as I attempt to watch the game.






No comments:
Post a Comment