We were so excited this week when fall finally decided to descend upon the Bluegrass. After a September and October of almost exclusively 90 degree days, this Wednesday it actually got downright cold! Just the day before I had Maura out in the backyard in a swimsuit playing in some water. The next day, I put a winter coat on her before I took her out in the morning. It was bizarre! We awoke to temperatures in the 30's! It was cold and blustery, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the fall weather. On Wednesday morning, we met our friends at the playground for a play date. The kids didn't seem to mind the breeze and enjoyed fighting over who got to go down the slide first. That afternoon, we got outside for the first walk in a long time where I didn't work up a sweat just strolling around the block!
On Thursday, we went to a local orchard with my mom. We're trying to take advantage of all the free fall activities before winter really closes in on us. Unfortunately, this place was pretty deserted and devoid of activities on a weekday, but we still enjoyed what they did have. Maura loved the bumpy pumpkins that we're sitting on in this picture. She didn't, however, love the wind that was causing her mohawk!
Maura with Grammy. Maura can now say both "Grammy and Grandpap," so she yells that whenever she sees them. We actually spent the night at my parent's house last night because Brent was out of town, and when Maura heard my mom moving around next door this morning, she said, "Grammy?" She loves playing with Grammy, and my mom is good enough to keep her about twice a week while I work.
Maura, the pumpkin hugger. She loved these huge pumpkins and walked around and hugged all of them. She also hugged all the farm dogs at the orchard. This child has absolutely no fear of dogs, and I'm afraid that I'm going to have to teach her that all dogs aren't as nice as my parent's dog, Molly.
Maura snagged an apple just after I bought them. All of you out there know that this went completely against my germaphobe nature, but my child actually turned down a fried apple pie in favor of an apple. I couldn't say no! So, there's no telling what type of pesticides and germs she ingested, but she LOVED her apple and ate it all the way down to the core.
Maura getting ready for our walk. We blew about a million bubbles before our walk and the wind took them everywhere. She loved watching them all blow away.
Oh, we may have some potential potty training readiness breakthroughs! The other day, Maura came to me and said, "Poo Poo!" I said, "Oh, Maura, do you have poo poo pants."(We parents communicate so intelligently these days!) She said, "Change please!" I was shocked!!
Yesterday, Maura was playing with her stuffed dog and decided he needed a diaper. Brent took her in and put a diaper on the dog, and I said, "Maura, does your doggie need to go poo poo?" She ran into the bathroom and put the dog on her potty chair, studied him for a second, then ripped the diaper off and set him back on the potty. Although she's never actually used it herself, she must be at least getting the message about what it's for! That makes me very happy! Hope you all enjoyed the potty talk!





No comments:
Post a Comment