Suprise everyone!! We're expecting baby number 2!! We're really excited and can't wait to meet our new little one. My due date is May 15th, which if this baby is on time would make Maura and this one 26 months apart. It'll be great to have a May baby too, because Brent will be able to be home with me over the summer. So far, Brent thinks it's a boy and I think it's a girl. I just know too many families with two children of the same sex. I'm eleven weeks pregnant now and feel really great.
Here's baby's first picture. The heart was going a mile a minute. We went for our initial OB visit on October 2nd. I was about 8 weeks along at the time and everything looked good.
I took the pregnancy test on September 4th. I suspected that I was pregnant because I had noticed some blemishes on my usually clear skin. Darn hormones!! I took the test while Brent was at work, then went to the hospital gift shop and bought Maura a Big Sister shirt! We waited FOREVER for Brent to get home and he knew as soon as he saw that shirt. It wasn't exactly a suprise to him that pregnancy could be a possibility! Maura was so excited, even though she didn't understand what was going on! She just knew she was big stuff.
We waited until October 8th to tell my family. My sister conveniently invited everyone to dinner, giving me the perfect venue! I took Maura into the house and dressed her in her shirt and let her walk out and show Grammy the ultrasound photos. This picture is when they read what was on her shirt. Everyone was really excited.
Pappap and the BIG SISTER. We've always called my dad Grandpap for Maura, but lately she's been calling him Pappap, which is what I call my grandfathers. So cute--especially when they come up with it on their own.
Maura and Aunt Katie. Maura loves her crazy Aunt Katie because she's always playing crazy games with her. She was the first aunt that Maura started calling by name.
Maura and Uncle Micah. She loved it when he swings her.
We told Brent's parents on October 14th when we got down to Florida. We wanted to tell them in person, so we got her dressed in her shirt after her bath and we went down to tell the good news! They were excited too. They'll go from having zero grandchildren to three in 26 months. Brent's sister Amy is due any day now with my first niece!
The Big Sister gets spun around! I know it dosen't look like she's having fun here, but I promise she was enjoying herself. I'll post more Florida pictures next week. We had an awesome vacation, but now I'm really down to the wire in studying for my PA boards. I take them next week, so once that's over I'll be able to breathe a big sigh of relief and get back to normal life!





2 comments:
Congratulations!!! I'm glad you waited to tell me before you announced it to the world... I would have killed you if I found out about it on your blog! Thanks for telling me in person - I'm super-excited!!! Michael's excited for y'all, too. We're already praying for your little miracle. Love you guys!
just checking for Halloween pics...
Post a Comment