Maura LOVES the school. It's exciting to see all the big kids and all the teachers talk to her and tell her how cute she is. Add to that all the exciting things there are to touch and play with and you have a veritable toddler playground. We try to keep her contained in Brent's room when we go up, but she's learned how to open the door and occasionally will attempt to make a run for it. There's just too much to look at to stay cooped up in a room!
As soon as she gets into Daddy's room, Maura pilfers the whiteboard tray for whatever cleaner or markers might remain there. Here, you can see how excited she is to see Daddy. Whiteboard cleaner is much more interesting!
This was from this past Thursday. Daddy and Maura were cheering on the football team in their second home game. Maura is a big Titans fan, and we have a whole Titans outfit. She cheers for the team, even when they aren't doing so well. Anytime she hears people yelling, she says, "YAY!"
Maura rearranges all of Daddy's books each time we visit. It's really funny--she's not really messing them up, just relocating them. She does this a lot. We expect her to be a professional organizer one of these days. Here she's learning DARE--we start them early in Kentucky!
Maura at the game. You can see how excited she is about actually watching. She was really more into climbing up and down the bleachers, which were wet and muddy, by the way. She did yell "Yay, football and touchdown" for the team, though. She also kept touching the people in front of us, then getting really embarrassed when they looked at her. She managed to fall off the bleacher only once. I counted that a success, considering how squirmy she is.

This was from one of our first trips to the school this year. Maura discovered the lockers and thought it was hilarious to play peek-a-boo in them. I got a little concerned when she actually managed to shut one. Thankfully, it didn't lock, or we would have had a full scale panic session.

PEEK-A-BOO!

Dancing in the locker. Someday, it won't be so enjoyable to be shoved in a locker, but right now it's big fun!
1.)As a side note, my child has gotten awfully sassy over the weekend. When I got back from the Ladies Retreat, I noticed that she no longer says just, "NO!" She says, "NO WAY!" I have no idea where this came from, but it comes off as very sassy. I'll say, "Maura, time for lunch, let's get in your high chair," and she responds with, "NO WAY!" I still can't decide if this is better ignored or corrected!
2.)Also, I may have been displaced by Brent as Maura's favorite person. He spent a lot of time with her this weekend between the Ladies Retreat and me working on Sunday. Suddenly, all the smiles, hugs and shared objects are for him while he's around. As soon as she woke up this morning, too, she started looking around for and asking for Daddy. I guess I know how he's been feeling for 18 months now.





1 comment:
Wow... you use big words like "veritable" and "pilfers" in your writing. Since 90% of my daily conversation is with a 2-year-old, I think I've already regressed to an elementary vocabulary. So your blog is not only cute, it's educational!
I noticed that Maura was wearing sweats at the game... I hope that means the weather has turned cool up there! I can't WAIT for a week of cool fall air! See you soon!
P.S... the "No way!" is hilarious. Wesley is learning about tone and about how sometimes you get in trouble for the way you say something, not necessarily what you say. He knows "be sweet" and "don't be ugly."
Post a Comment