Yet another example of "Turn it around," talking about my camera. It does make for a cute picture of her. Oh, and the hairbow...I'm being a complete hypocrite putting it on her. I always said that I hated the huge hairbow thing, you know when the girls wear a bow as large as their heads? Well, I realized that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! I can't find medium sized bows for her, and I tried to make some, but even they turned out huge! She looks adorable even with a huge bow on her head.
Maura and Wesley both trying to enjoy the treehouse. These guys had some sort of weird competition thing going on. Whenever one was ahead of the other on the ladder, they'd stop and block the other from getting up. I guess it's kind of like King of the Mountain.
I got to enjoy some Anna Kate snuggle time while Hannah took care of Wesley. I forgot how snuggly and wiggly a seven month old can be. I've also forgotten what it's like to hold a child who dosen't support their own weight and hold on to you. Guess it's gonna be an adjustment when this little guy comes along.
The museum had an awesome kiddie sized grocery store in the back where kids could shop from the shelf, put it in their carts and then check it all out. It was so much fun! With my love of grocery stores, I could have spent forever in there, but I only have as long as it takes for Maura to get tired of something. Here's Maura shopping for coffee. I think it's hilarious that this was the first thing she started pulling off the shelf because it was probably the only thing in the store that I NEVER buy. We're just not coffee drinkers!
Maura has taken her shopping cues from the best!! This is exactly how my cart looks each and every time I go shopping for food. It doesn't matter if I only go in for four items, I always manage to get to checkout with the darn thing overflowing!! Maura is generally holding things on her lap and half hidden in a mound of groceries!! It was no wonder that her pretend cart looked like that!
Hannah and Anna Kate on the news. They had a mock TV studio that the kids will love in about two years. Right now, though, they just kind of ran in, looked at themselves on TV and ran out.
Wouldn't I love to have one of these in my own home?? It would be so convenient for those quick trips to the bathroom when I just want to relieve myself in peace!! However, since I think it's probably illegal to lock up your kid, I'll just continue to daydream about it! Wesley loved the safe at the play bank, even when we locked him in!
Hi Uncle Matt and Uncle Cowboy and Uncle Jeff!! This is our salute to all the pilots in our family. Hard to believe that one little girl could have three pilot uncles!! Maura really enjoyed the mock cockpit. Maybe she'll follow in her uncle's footsteps one day.
Maura and Wesley really enjoyed the water table. Should I have been suprised?? Of course not! It was the only potentially messy activity in the place! They played with the boats and floated them downriver. It wasn't till after we left the table that I realized that they did indeed have smocks for the kids to keep them from getting completely soaked!
Wesley was concentrating hard on floating his boat.
I think Maura was really more interested in seeing if she could drink water out of her boat! Oh, of note--Maura kept saying that she was going to see alligators while she was in Florida. We never really made it for her to see real live gators, but glued to the bottom of this water table was a plastic gator. Maura begged for me to pick it up, which I could of course not do, but she did enjoy seeing it! So, she can't say that we didn't see ANY gators in Florida!
Maura and Wesley making orange juice.(pretend) They had a mock juice processing plant in the basement with a conveyor belt. They kids loved putting the oranges in and letting them go through all the processes. I guess maybe we're raising our kids to work in a juice factory someday??
Maura turning the crank to "juice the oranges." What fun!
They even had a cool indoor playground and the kids loved the slides. These guys were in perpetual motion the entire time we were at the museum. They made me exhausted just to watch them running here and there, and eventually it caught up to them as this was the sight I saw after just minutes in the car on the way home...
Out for the count! Poor little sweetie--you know she's exhausted when she falls asleep in the car. Unfortunately she didn't transfer this nap over to a real bed, so the car ride nap was all she got for the whole day. Notice how ladylike she is, though, with her legs crossed!
The kids really enjoyed taking baths together. I've always had the philosophy that you're better off being matter-of-fact about bodies and body parts and just calling them what they are. I didn't have a problem with them bathing together because I figured that Maura was going to get a good introduction to male anatomy in the next few months with the new baby brother coming! I noticed her checking Wesley out very studiously for a few minutes, then...
She looked at me and cracked up!! She thought it was hilarious!! That was about all the attention that she paid to the whole matter--she never asked any questions and I think she forgot all about it, but it was just so funny to see her reaction!! Wesley was oblivious to the whole thing!
I thought this picture was hilarious!! This was just before we left on Wednesday morning for Disney and Hannah and I were rushing around trying to get ready to leave the house. I caught all three kids being still and watching TV at the same time. So cute!!
Well, that wraps up our Florida trip. I have lots of other pictures to post about unrelated things that I put on hold to get these up. Stay tuned for Maura's first real haircut pictures!





1 comment:
I'm sure Wes and Maura will just looooove this post when they grow up!
Post a Comment