Anyway, I wanted to post some pictures of Maura when she had her first real haircut. When I say real, I mean that I have trimmed a few wild hairs on occasion, but never really snipped off any substantial hair. I finally got truly sick of seeing her hair so scraggly and decided to take action. We knew that she was going to throw a fit regardless of who cut her hair, so we opted for a haircut at home rather than one in a salon to minimize embarrassing outbursts and also to avoid having to pay for the same crummy results! It's one of those moments that I would have liked to have had more pictures of, but it took every bit of the both of us just to get it done!
Here she is just prior to the haircut, not knowing what is to come. As you can see, those bangs are very much in her eyes and were starting to frustrate her.
Preparing the hair. Get ready for the outburst--she was quiet and calm until the second she saw the scissors come out. Then she clung on to Brent like I was trying to cut off her nose and said, "All done, all done, all done," over and over again! I ended up cutting almost an inch from the back to make it all look even with the front. I saved all those baby locks in a little baggie. It makes me so sad to see all that baby hair come off.
The after picture. I wish it was more impressive. I didn't think to get a picture of the back because I was so frazzled after the experience! She looks a little frazzled too, but she recovered pretty quickly. She looks much better!!
The following pictures are from Maura's friend Lily's party. She turned 2 on Feb 9 and we celebrated with her on the day before her birthday. She had a puppy dog party, which was really cute. I think it was the first time that Maura really GOT birthdays. Now, all she can talk about is blowing out the candles!
Lily with her pupcake. What you can't see is Maura hanging over the other edge of the tray to watch the candles!! She was so facinated. Now, when we ask her how old she'll be on her birthday, she says, "two candles."
We made ear headband for all the kids and Maura suprisingly left hers on. She kept checking out the food table--I guess she was starving. When I set her down with a plate she ate for a half an hour straight!

Mommy with her cute puppy dog.
Mommy with her cute puppy dog.





3 comments:
Hey there! I really like your blog - I actually visited last week for the first time but thanks for sending me the link and letting me know about Lily's party post! The pictures are so cute of course!! Oh- I wanted to point out just one little "oopsie" - Lily's birthday is Feb 8th, not the 9th, I probably misspoke and told you wrong or something, my brain doesn't work very well anymore! I really enjoy reading about your adventures (even though I usually get the scoop at book babies!)
Can't wait 'til the circus comes into town!
dawn : )
Bless your heart for cutting Maura's hair...I would never brave that...but then again, I've never had too because by the time my girls grow hair there is no way on earth I am going to let anyone cut it off! hee hee She's a sweet one.
Wesley is not a very good name for a dog!
Post a Comment