Have you ever just had one of those days that you'd like to go back and start over? Nothing seems to be going right and you feel like a bad mommy? I'm having one of those days. Admittedly, the cause of all this can probably be traced back to being suddenly awoken by Brent at 1:20 in the morning and hearning the tornado sirens. We rushed downstairs with Maura and all huddled in the TINY powder room with a flashlight. She seemed to think it was an adventure at first, but after about a half hour sitting in the cold bathroom even she was ready to give it all up and go back to bed. SOOO, we're just a little sleepier than usual this morning. Anyway, this would have been a great day to sleep as late as Maura would have allowed, then lounge in bed for awhile. Alas, it was not meant to be. I had an OB visit this morning, and Brent needed to take his truck in for servicing, a fact that didn't get decided until I was already getting ready. Well, of course everything takes longer than you think to happen and he ended up being late for school and I for my doctor's visit. I did manage to get there, just without a coat on myself or my baby.
I wish I'd taken my camera with me to the doctor's office. I was there for my glucose tolerance test, which means it took about an hour longer than usual to get through the appointment. An hour and a half is a long time to be at the doctor's office for Maura. Soon after we got there, I smelled an odor, and upon changing her, realized that this was no ordinary diaper change! She'd blown through the diaper, the tights and reached to skirt. I stopped carrying changes of clothes with me about 6-8 months ago because we never used them!! Oh, did I regret that decision today! So, my little girl walked around in a dirty skirt, no tights and shoes on her otherwise bare feet. It's been pretty warm here, just not really warm enough for all of that. I was getting some really funny looks, but what can you do? Otherwise the doctors visit was fine.
THEN, we got home and while I was talking on the phone, Maura managed to really bonk her head. I have NO idea how it happened, but I heard her squalling in the other room and ran in to find her flat on her back with a huge purple goose egg already on her forehead. She was so pitiful looking. A blanket and paci quickly cured her, but she's been very needy ever since(read: clingy). Here's a picture when things started to go down a little.

I decided to make her a special lunch to make her feel better. We had some Mickey macaroni that I just knew she'd love. I followed to recipe on the back, which required heating milk, melting cheese and dirtying up two different pots. I presented it to her and she stubbornly refused to even taste it. Needless to say, we ending up with Spagetti-O's. So, now it's naptime and I think I'll lay down too and hope that when I wake up that this day will have started over.
The finished product--obviously you can't see the individual pasta shapes anymore. It didn't even help to take them out and "dry" them off so she could see them better.

My sweet girl with her Spagetti-O's. I just couldn't stand to send her to bed without something in her belly.

1 comment:
Looks like we both had a day full of drama! Sorry that I was the phone distraction! You're a wonderful mommy... we all have those days. My son almost fell 6 feet straight onto a concrete floor this morning. Wesley decided to hold on to the garage door as it raised and it swiftly lifted him into the air. He let go BEFORE I had my hands on him, but luckily I caught him anyway. That would have been a bone-breaker with a concussion to boot. Nothing like catching a slo-mo glimpse of your son dangling above your head!
Post a Comment