Oh, my my my. I'm very certain that I'll never catch up on the blogging. I'm currently blogging the photos I took nearly a month ago while we were in Kentucky. Logic would say to just forget it and move on, but since I look at this blog as a photo album/journal, I just can't stand the thought of not including these photos. So, bear with me as we delve into the distant past!
I had to start with this photo because it is the very last photo of him in his swing. Doesn't he look like a giant? He loved this swing when he was little, but he's getting much too big for it now. Flashback just five months ago and you'll remember this...
I just can't even believe how much changes in five months. Ohh, makes me want to cry!! Anywho, we brought the swing back to Kentucky and left it because the motor wasn't made to power this nearly twenty pounder!
Maura got in on the photo taking action to show me her picture of a volcano. I thought it was a pretty good depiction!
At least one of my siblings came over every single night we were home. It was so great to visit with them and let them play with the kids. Aunt Lorie took care of the storytelling while I bathed Tristan on Monday night.
On Tuesday, Mom, the kids and I met Lorie at the Hibachi grill for lunch. Our little town is really moving up in the world to have a Japanese grill. At lunch, the prices are half of the dinner menu and so we went to fill up on half price fillet mignon. Maura had a hard time deciding what she wanted from the menu!
Grammy and Aunt Lorie ready to EAT!!
The kids and I really enjoyed the hibachi grill. Even Tristan was interested in what was going on and took turns watching Maura, then watching the cook . It's a perfect meal for kids because you don't really have to order them their own meal and someone else entertains them for the entire meal. Perfect!
Maura's favorite part, the volcano that he then turned into a train. I will say that the first time he lit the flames on the grill, she almost jumped out of her highchair to escape them. It took some convincing, but we were able to get her to believe that we wouldn't actually take her to a dinner where she'd be set aflame.
Aunt Lorie getting some Tristan lovin.' He's still such a cuddle bug! It won't be long before we're cuddling Lorie's baby!
That afternoon, I took a trip to our "Kentucky house" to retrieve some clothes and other items. One of the things I found while perusing our attic was one of my favorite stuffed animals from my childhood. I was crazy about cats as a child and I think I got this when I was seven or eight. The momma cat nurses her stuffed kittens. I loved this toy and since Maura loves anything with mommies and babies, I knew she'd love it too. She's played with it so much since I brought it to her. It's so fun to see her playing with my beloved toys.
On Tuesday evening, Brent's seventh grade football team played for the District Championships. I knew Brent wanted to be there so badly. He even considered trying to take the day off and fly in for the game, but he was scheduled to be in the field doing some really important training and he couldn't miss it. It was SO cold, but I felt obligated to go and show my support for his team in his absence. I took Maura and we went up to Frankfort to cheer on the Titans.
Unfortunately, this team had been playing so great all season and not so great the night of the Championships. They ended up losing 18-8, but we were still really proud of them.
Despite the cold, Maura loved the game and the general atmosphere. Get used to football, girl!! I bet there will be a lot of it in your future!!
We came home to find Tristan all bathed and cozy and ready for bed! Thanks Aunts Lorie and Katie!
Maura was so glad to see Aunt Katie, just back from her trip to Florida where she got engaged.
This is the official debut of the beautiful purple pajamas. I bought them at Walmart that very same day and Maura has insisted on them just about every night since. She calls them her beautiful purple pajamas and loves them because they match her purple blankie. This is the first article of clothing for which she's ever had a true attachment.
Grammy and her girl snuggle before bed.
Being goofy with Aunt Lorie. Unfortunately for my kiddos, we ate LATE every single night we were in Kentucky because of everyone's work schedules. It is so difficult for us because Maura gets more wound up the later it gets, so everyone always gets to experience her after she's been wound at tight as a watch. Thankfully they all love her for who she is.
This happy man is learning to sit up!
On Wednesday, our friends Amy and Liam came over to play. We were so happy to see them. Maura and Liam play amazingly well together. I can't believe this is the only photo I took of them! We really miss all our friends and their play dates.
I took Maura out to the field one afternoon with the intent of giving her a ride on Smokey. She loved feeding him apples and carrots and was game for a ride, but Smokey's feet were really sore and he was very lame. We'll have to do it some other time.

We had Autumnfest on Wednesday night, complete with pork, sauerkraut and pumpkin pies. Mmmm. Tristan loves watching his Pappap make faces for him. We brought Thea home for the week we were there and Maura was so excited to see her. She didn't leave poor Thea alone for the whole week. Thea was probably so glad to get back to the quiet apartment where she lives now!

On Thursday morning my friends Angie and Dawn came out and brought Sarah and Lily to play. They're our original play date friends and the girls are like the three amigos. It's so fun to see them play together now that they're older. We had such a great visit. I think it's almost more fun for the mommies than it is for the kids. Sarah and Lily just couldn't get enough of gentle Molly. If every dog could be this great I'd get one tomorrow.
The girls all petted/terrorized Thea too. We've definitely got some animal lovers. These guys had a ball jumping on the couch. I wish I could steal the video footage from my friend's blog of them couch hopping. It was hilarious! We has so much fun with our good friends! God has certainly blessed our lives with the love of such great friends and family.






1 comment:
Oh my goodness Tristan is GYNORMOUS!!!
Post a Comment