Thursday, November 20, 2008

One last fun day in Kentucky!

Ohh, almost done with the Kentucky pics, I'm so excited!! I'm getting close to being caught up! On our last Saturday in Kentucky we had an absolutely jam packed day. Brent drove in the night before and got in really late and he had to hit the ground running the next day. The kids hadn't seen him for a week and Maura was especially happy to see her daddy. Daddy is WAY more fun than Mommy these days. We spent some time playing together at Mom and Dad's house in the morning, then headed out to meet Katie and Scott for lunch. It was our second hibachi lunch in one week, but we didn't care. We headed right back for that deliciousness.



Aunt Katie got some last minute snuggling in with her baby nephew. It's always hard to say goodbye, but she knew we'd be back in a month for Thanksgiving. Daddy and his girl enjoying the general hibachi atmosphere. Actually, Maura looks like she's contemplating the secrets of the universe.


Our chef/cook/grillmaster(what do you call those guys?) heard us talking about Katie and Scott's recent engagement, so he treated us to this beating heart of fried rice. Or, maybe it was just a warning to us that if we ate the rice it would give us a heart attack?? Maura was so interested in the coy pond that one of the employees noticed her and gave her some food to feed the fish. She had a ball watching the fish go after that food.


Aww, the newly engaged couple. I take it upon myself to take a photo of these two whenever I see them together, because otherwise no photos of them would exist! They've set a day, September 19th of next year! Just after lunch, we headed to a birthday party. Emily, our former neighbor was turning four and had a really fun party at Bounce U. We hadn't had a chance to check out this child wonderland before we moved, so I was really excited to get to go there with Maura. She LOVED it and just jumped to her heart's content. She wasn't quite big enough to do the obstacle course, but that didn't stop her from trying and getting really upset when she couldn't do all the activities.


Daddy hung out with Tristan so that I could enjoy the bounce facility with Maura. It won't be long before he can enjoy these kinds of places too. Maura came up with a more unorthodox solution for climbing the giant slide.


Lily and Maura enjoying the juice boxes. The only time Maura ever gets undiluted juice is at parties and at church, so she drinks as much as we'll allow her to consume. She can empty a juice box in about ten seconds flat! The girl of the day, Emily. We're really going to miss Emily and her family when we move back. They sold their house and moved shortly after we moved away, so we're going to miss having built in playmates when we get back. Happy fourth birthday, Emily!


That evening, we had yet another family dinner, this time with Aunt Emily and Brad in attendance. Emily loved her snuggle time with a very sleepy little man. Maura was so excited to see one of her favorite playmates, Brad. She showed how much she loves him by trying to bite him! I really hated saying goodbye to my family, but it wasn't as hard as it could have been because I knew I'd be back so soon. I can't believe we'll be heading back up for a visit in less than a week now!


On the way home I think the leaves were more gorgeous than I've ever seen them. The colors were so vivid. I tried taking some pictures, but the colors never turn out in a photograph. Nevertheless, I thought this was a cool photo. We managed to make it home in nine hours with only two stops. It's a record for us and one I hope we can repeat next week!



post signature

No comments: