

We've managed to make it to not one but two church fall festivals this year. It's an
accomplishment that I'm proud of--I don't miss a festival if I can help it!!
Southside held it's festival on Sunday the 26
th of October, the day we were driving back from Georgia. I knew it was going to be a long travel day for us but I desperately wanted to go and visit with our
Southside family. We had a terrible trip back to Kentucky. It took us twelve hours and seven stops to make it. We stopped so frequently because Maura had diarrhea and I had to get Dad to fish out our suitcases not once, but twice to get out more diapers and a change of clothing for her.
Ahh, the good life. It was such a long day and we were completely exhausted and I could tell by the time that we weren't going to be able to go to Mom and Dad's, unpack, nurse Tristan, change and drive back to Lexington. I was really getting
disappointed when Mom suggested that they could drop us off and she'd come back for us. I was SO excited! By the time we got there, got the kids in costume, greeted everyone and took a potty break, it was apparent that my parents weren't going to have time to go home and come back for us, so they just stayed and enjoyed the festival. I was so appreciative that my dad was so patient. He's a
get in the car and don't stop til you get there kind of guy, so I knew that it had to be a little hard on him. He was great, though, and I think both my parents enjoyed seeing the kids all dressed up.
Aunt Emily stopped by the church on her way back to UK. She helped to entertain Maura while I fed Tristan. Emily was so glad to see her little niece. Maura was just mesmerized by all the games and there was no way she was going to look at the camera.


Aunt Emily and Maura took a train ride together. That train was so cute and the kids LOVED it!
I'm so glad that Maura had a chance to ride it.
Maura trying her hand at
cornhole. I could see her being great at this game in the future. That kid has an arm!

Dad, Maura, me and one sleepy spider getting ready to Trunk or Treat.
It was so wonderful to get a chance to visit with our
Southside family. We miss them so much and it was such a wonderful experience to walk in and be so welcomed by all our friends. They were so excited to see us and just loved on us. It made me cry to be there with all our friends after being gone for so long. We really enjoyed the fall festival and it was the perfect way to kick off our week home.

2 comments:
Hey Julie...
Glad you ended up making it. 12 hours...YIKES!!! And a sick girl to boot...that's definitely no fun. We have a bathroom here in BG though if you ever need to stop! :-)
Love and miss you all. Your kids looked cute. I'm sure everyone in Lexington was excited to see you.
Hope we can visit over T-giving/Christmas.
Julie,
I didn't know you guys were at the Fall Festival! Hannah left that morning and we were tuckered out and decided not to go...now I wish I had so I could've seen you guys and especially my special singing girl.
We're starting Operation Christmas Child, its not the same without you! Just the announcement made me miss you.
Love,
The other Patty
Post a Comment