Those of you who know me well knew that I probably wouldn't be able to wait out the whole three weeks to see my hubby back from Georgia. You would be right! Brent decided to make the drive to Tennessee last weekend to celebrate his father's birthday and we drove on down to join him. It had been a long two weeks without him and we were ALL overjoyed to see him
Here are the kid's reactions...IMMEDIATE mugging!

They were so excited to see their daddy!! I was so excited to see my husband. We were so happy to be a family of four again. Single parenting is for the birds! I need the support of my awesome man!

We couldn't wait to try out Nan and Poppa's awesome swimming pool. They thought it was cold, but we REALLY enjoyed it! Maura was a real water bug this year. She's always loved the water, but this year I think she's really gained the strength and confidence to strike out on her own. We put the water wings on and off she went. Daddy stayed nearby for guidance and security, but she was swimming all on her own.

Poppa joined them in the water and they had a great time. Maura and Nan enjoyed a nice tea party in the shallow end. Talk about a baby being comfortable in the water. Tristan really took to the water this year too. He's never had swimming lessons and hasn't been in a pool for months, so I wasn't sure how he'd react. He immediately started kicking and splashing and giggling all at the same time. Nan laid him back and he floated on his back for at least a minute. I'm proud of my baby boy!

What a fun day for the whole family at the pool.

Daddy and Tristan really enjoyed themselves. Even Patton got in on the action. He took over the top step and chilled out in the water.

Whoa! Talk about a wide load! Tristan came straight to the pool from
nap time and he didn't get a swim diaper applied. This diaper had to be uncomfortable, but he wasn't complaining!
Grandmother Chambers met us at church on Sunday and we were so glad to see her.

Tristan was truly Poppa's boy on this trip. One morning, Nan and Poppa let us sleep in and took the kids for us. When I woke up, I went to take Tristan from Poppa and my little man had a fit. He started squealing and holding out his arms for his Poppa. I think Poppa felt honored and took Tristan off for a golf cart ride. Nan enjoyed playing with Tristan too. He loved it when she drank her "bottle."

Tristan sitting in the same highchair that
GG and Poppa sat in as babies. I want to know where the tray and the safety straps are!! My little Maestros. They played us a piano
concerto or two for Poppa's birthday. We spent the afternoon at
GG and
Grandpoppa's house to celebrate birthdays. We had a great Tennessee visit and I'm glad we made this spontaneous trip because we probably won't get another chance this summer.
1 comment:
There were no trays or safety straps that I know of we used to just tie them in with a diaper when people used cloth diapers. Also Brent and all the other grandchildre used this chair when they were babies and so far no one has fallen out or been hurt so guess that just shows you that some things old may not look safe but apparently they are this chair goes back to my brother who would have been 85 this October. I loved the pictures of all of you. Love gg grandmother allen
Post a Comment