Wednesday, June 3, 2009

This one is for Brent, my wonderful, loving husband who is so sad to be missing his sweet baby's milestones. Tristan started really letting go of things on Saturday and by Sunday he was taking a few steps away from support. All this week he's been gradually increasing the distance he'll attempt--too far and he still just flops down on hands and knees to get there. I still wouldn't say he's actually walking because long walks like these are few and far between, but he's definitely on his way. It makes his momma sad!! It's funny to me--Maura walked at about the same age. She took steps the day of her first birthday party and started walking in earnest a few weeks later. It seemed to me that it took FOREVER for her to walk. Maybe it was because she crawled and cruised for such a long time before she walked. Maybe I was just a first time mom who didn't realize the full implications of having a toddler! I haven't been in any hurry for Tristan to start walking. It is crazy to think about that he was just learning to pull to stand two months ago. Crazy how they develop so very quickly. I'm going to miss my little baby--toddlerhood here we come!!

post signature


2 comments:

Angie said...

What an adorable little "bobblehead." days like these are so special. Sorry Brent missed it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my.........he's walking! You know your in trouble now! And they won't stay still for nothing!!

Shauna