Those of you who know me well know that I have an undying love for the State Fair. I've attended the fair almost every year since we moved to Kentucky. There is always something new to see there, something new to experience, and something new to eat! I think my love of the fair might have more to do with the latter than anything else. I tend to leave the fair feeling like Templeton the Rat from Charlotte's Web! This year, I did try to restrain myself a bit, with visions of the bridesmaid dress that I have to wear swirling through my head! Mom, Lorie, Alex, the kids and I headed up to Louisville on Wednesday to spend the whole day having fun!

The first exhibit we encountered was a huge hit with the kids. All these sculptures were made out of balloons. How COOL! Tristan could hardly believe his eyes! There were "balls" everywhere!

The "pond" was my favorite! Maura found a "
Gallopalooza" friend right off the bat.

Lorie and Maura decided they were too tired to walk and opted for a bus ride instead! The kids and I loved checking out all the county exhibits. And registering for prizes. And taking all the free candy we were offered.

Tristan was thrilled with his lollipop, up until had managed to get it stuck in his hair! Maura got to participate in a
Safetytown bike ride. She was issued a drivers license(which Grammy promptly lost!) and she got to ride a tricycle around a course, obeying all traffic signals. She loved it. It was right up her alley--lots of signs and stoplights to figure out.(She routinely reminds me to stop at
stop signs when we walk--even when they're facing the other street).

Tristan got to check out a bouncy house for the first time. He took a few minutes to warm up to it, but once he figured it out, it was hard to get him out of there! Aunt Lorie, Alex, Grammy and Maura loved checking out all the tropical fish.

One of my favorite categories at the fair is always the cake decorating. This one is one of my favorites. Each side depicted a different season. My kids got to get up close and personal with some sheep.

I mean, REALLY up close and personal! Maura loved it! Tristan was NOT so sure!

Maura tried out some new golfing methods while Tristan looked on. He saw no reason to use a putter when an overhand throw would do the trick just fine!

We finished off our day with a trip to see the baby chicks and a brisk jog on my part to get a deep fried Snickers bar that I knew I just COULDN'T live without. I had been fairly restrained all day as far as eating, but I've NEVER seen anywhere else to get a deep fried Snickers. I savored it's
melty,
chocolaty, gooey goodness as we pulled away from the fair and knew we'd be back again next year for more fun!!
1 comment:
You and your state fair obsession!! I used to have to work the state fair for the Historical Society, and I remember it as standing in a giant windowless warehouse-type-building for hours on end. So I have different associations with the fair! Who knows though, I may even end up liking it if it weren't for all those animals. Stinky, stinky, peew! I'll stay home and watch the movie!
Post a Comment