
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Sweet Valentine's Day
Happy Valentine's Day!! Somehow Valentine's Day is just a bit different now that we have kids. It's less about time alone to reflect on our love and more about celebrating the love we have for each other as a family. We didn't have any big plans for the day this year, but a change in plans gave me a chance to make things special.
Tristan spiked a fever on Sunday February 14th, so I couldn't send him to church. Instead, he and I stayed home for a relaxing Sunday morning while Maura and Brent went off without us. Tristan helped me to make a special Valentine's lunch for us all. He LOVES to cook with me these days, so he was more than happy to oblige me to get some special things cooked.
My sweet valentines were excited about their heart shaped PB&J and soup. I love these babies. What a blessing to our lives. They keep us laughing and bring so much joy every day.
Brent got me an awesome Valentine's day gift--chocolate and tickets to see Wicked this weekend. I can't wait! I'm so excited to have another weekend away before this baby comes.
Maura couldn't wait to break into her Valentine's Day gift!
Tristan wasn't quite as eager! Poor guy--he was incubating an ear infection and we didn't even know it.
He was really a lot more interested a moment later and loved his car and truck stampers.
Brent enjoyed his Valentine's gift too--lots of chocolate! We had to pack up quickly after our lunch to get to some Sunday afternoon business, but it was nice to have this sort lunch to celebrate how much we love each other. That evening, we celebrated with our traditional fondue dinner with just the two of us. Cheese and chocolate--yum. I love my husband and think he's such a blessing in my life. Thank you, God for my awesome husband and kids and thanks for the chance to celebrate that love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment