This winter has been unusually snowy for us. In fact, this area is eight inches about the average for the area and we're not even done with winter yet. Most of our snows have been pretty minor, two to three inches at a time, but that's certainly enough to cancel school. The benefit to being married to a teacher is that he's home with us whenever it's time for snow fun! We've had a great time playing out in the snow this year. Both kids love it, but Maura is especially into the snow this year. She loves making snowballs and throwing them and she's really enjoyed
sledding this year. Below are a montage of some of the photos I've taken of the kids playing in the snow this year.

Daddy with his happy snow kids during the first snow of the year.

I love my little snow girl. I'll have to think about getting her some kids skis so she can practice skiing down the slope in our backyard. She's turning into a snow bunny. I'm just barely fitting into those snow pants at this point and it won't be long before I can't zip that jacket. I guess that will be the end of my snow play once I grow out of it!

Brent and the kids discovered a new sport this winter, snow spinning. He whips the sled around in a circle and the kids do their best to hang on. Sometimes they go flying
face first into the snow, but they usually come up laughing. I've taken the kids out in the snow a few times while Brent has been at work and they beg me to spin them, but it's really hard for me to do it and I end up VERY out of breath!!

Enjoying some fun sledding. The kids have only gone downhill sledding once this winter and they loved it, but we have a distinct lack of hills in our neighborhood!

It hasn't been all snow this winter. We've had a couple of really rainy days and one one of them, I took the kids out to jump in puddles. I forgot that Tristan owns a nice dark green raincoat, so I stuffed him in to this old one of Maura's. Poor little man. I also REALLY underestimated how cold that rain was and we had to head back to the house for hats and mittens!

The kids loved puddle jumping and I know they'll enjoy it even more in the spring when the weather is a bit milder.

Most of our snow has been dry and powdery and not good for snowman making. One morning, we went out hoping for a snowman, but this little guy was the very best we could do. Maura was very proud of him nonetheless.

" What
choo lookin at???"

I love kid photography. Maura took this flattering photo of Brent and I sharing the hammock.

Tristan loves rocking in the hammock with his mommy or daddy. He's just such a sweet little cuddle bug!!

The kids discovered that their pool, which is stowed away in a corner of the yard, gathers lots of snow every snowfall. It has a slide and has become the
hot spot for fun winter sports.

Poor Tristan CAN NOT STAND UP in the pool. He spends the whole time with his feet sliding out from under him and just cries and cries for me to pick him up. As soon as I pick him up, his feet slide out and down he goes again!

All that frustration is forgotten when we come inside for hot chocolate. Yum!

My girl loves her some chocolate and marshmallows!

We finally got a nice wet snow the other day and Maura was excited to make a snowman. Actually, Brent and I built the snowman while she just kind of looked on. She was excited about adding the finishing elements, though!

Daddy and his girl with the big man who, by the way, fell over just about thirty minutes later!

Tristan didn't care much for the snowman--it was starting to rain and he was ready to head inside!

Our biggest snowfall of the season happened this week. We got about eight inches of snow, but it blew into big drifts like this one. Maura loved that the snow was about her knees.

Brent was doing what he's been busy doing all winter--shovelling. We now have at least two and a half foot piles of snow along our driveway and it sets off the sonar in my van every time I back out of the garage. It makes a good snow fort, though!

Tristan tries out his wheels. Unfortunately for him, it wasn't a four wheel drive!

Loving the deep drifts. I LOVE taking my kids out in the snow to play because walking and playing in the snow wears them out and they take AWESOME naps on snowy day--which means I get awesome naps too!!

Tristan wasn't quite the fan of the deep snow--he has a harder time walking in it. I will say, we've really enjoyed our snowy winter, but we're finally ready for it to come to an end. Brent has missed at least twelve days of school since Christmas break and they're going to be going to school into June. I'm ready for these snowdrifts to melt and for the warm weather to come. Come soon Spring!!

1 comment:
You still don't look like you have a tummy! Love your little snow bunnies... wishing my kids could get a taste of that snow!
Post a Comment