Saturday, March 26, 2011

Maura's Fairy Party Part 2

I wanted to make sure that I documented the decorations and set up of the party for posterity! We worked really hard to make everything Fairy perfect and I felt like it paid off when Maura walked in and saw it for the first time. She gasped and said "Oh, it's so beautiful!" Precious! It made it all worthwhile! My friend Rachel helped me with the cake. I had the cake all made and iced and I went to her house on the Thursday before the party for some help with the fondant. It was my first fondant experience and it really wasn't as difficult as I expected. I was so pleased by how the cake turned out--it looked exactly like how I pictured it would. What a relief! Maura LOVED her cake and I felt like I made her day! She couldn't wait to eat a toadstool!

The food table turned out awesome. I hate that this photo is so dark. It was so beautiful with the window in the background. We had all fairy themed food: Fairy flower sandwiches, fairy fruit wands, Fairy wing pasta, pixie sticks, Fairy pretzel wands...etc. Delicious!

My favorite was Tinkerbell's Garden with the teeny tiny veggies.

We had beverages and cake on the other table.

Katie suprised me by bringing fresh flowers she had left over from a shower the previous weekend. They were perfect and made the party even more special.

We set up the kids tables with crafts in the middle of the room and it was the first place that the kids stopped. They made shiny bead braclets, decorated their favor bags, got fairyfied with glitter and nail polish and made fairy snow globes with glitter and sequens. That was a highlight for most of the girls. They had so much fun doing their crafts that I think they were sad when we cleaned them up and moved on. By then, everyone was quite glittery, even Alexandra.

Sarah and Gabby were hard at work on those favor bags. The kids loved the fairy and flower stickers.

Lily and Noelle were concentrating HARD!

Lainey and Gracie were all about the glitter and face paint.

Perhaps we didn't supervise the face paint and nail polish station QUITE as closely as we should have! Addia looked as if she was auditioning for the blue man group!

We were thrilled that Hannah, Wesley, Anna Kate and Carrigan were visting from Florida and could attend the party. Maura was especially excited to have them there. She and Wesley hit it off right away and became fast friends. I hate that they live so far away and we see them so rarely. I had so much fun with the kids, whether painting faces, fixing snow globes or tying off the bracelets. This is my favorite party that I've thrown thus far. Now, I just need to get started planning for Tristan's, which is coming up before I know it!

post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Yes, Wesley is now completely fixated on Maura, his BFF!