Brent was my official Tristan wrangler. Tristan needs someone to be assigned just to watch him or else he could get into some mighty big mischief! I could just picture him poking his fingers into the cake!
All the kids assembled for a quick group shot. This is the one thing I've always meant to do at a party and never managed. There was NO WAY that I was going to let this group of fabulous fairies fly away without a group shot! We had just played a game where they went on a hunt to find their wings and tutus. We hid them all throughout the auditorium and the girls had a wonderful time looking for them. They were so cute all decked out in their fairy finery. Top: Wesley, Gabby, Gracie, Addia, Sarah, and Lily. Bottom: Maura, Lainey, Jentry, Anna Kate, Alexandra, Tristan, Noelle and Reagan.

After we were all dressed up, we played Fairy, Fairy, Fly(Duck, Duck, Goose). The kids loved it. They were so competitive that I was pretty sure we'd be taking someone to the hospital! Maura got tagged quite a bit and it was fun to see her running full out with her tutu streaming out behind her.
We played Pass the Fairy Wand(Hot Potato) next. The kids loved squeezing the button and making the sparkly sounds. We had to actually pass the wand around the whole group so everyone could have a turn before we ended the game.

Lunch time!! The kids dug into their fairy food and loved it.

Maura had her constant shadow of Wesley and Tristan. Wesley and Maura became fast friends on this trip. I'm really happy that they enjoyed each other's company so much. She was sad when she realized that Wesley wouldn't be at her school again this week.
Jill and Jentry enjoyed some lunch. I'm pretty sure that Tristan has a little crush on Jentry. He talks about her an awful lot! She is pretty cute!!

Alexandra was pretty happy to be a the big girl party. Dressing up in tutus and wings and putting sparkles on her face is right up her alley! Lorie was such a huge help to me before, during and after the party. Thanks Aunt Lorie!
Pretty soon, it was time for birthday cake. I cannot believe that my baby girl is five. It seems like I brought her home from the hospital yesterday. She has grown into such a precocious and creative little girl and I love her so much. I truly loved providing her with such a fun party. She loved every minute of it and told me later that it was her favorite day every. She LOVED her cake and literally gasped when she saw it for the first time. That just made all the hard work worth it to me!

Maura LOVED opening all her presents. I really don't know for sure who gave her what gifts, but I suppose it doesn't really matter. She loved it all and has been having so much fun playing with all her new toys.

We've been blessed with the nicest weather on Maura's birthdays! One of the biggest benefits to having her party at the church was the ability to use the playground. I wasn't sure if it would happen for her March birthday, but we got really lucky and all the kids had a wonderful time playing outside at the end of the party. We snuck in a few family photos, which of course turned out awful! Can't blame a girl for trying. I would have been sad if we had missed out on taking a photo with our big birthday girl on her big day!

Spring is HERE!! We loved our chance to soak up some sunlight, especially with Daddy pushing the swing!
One of the most fun moments of the day was when Aunt Emily arrived. She was returning for Spring Break and it just so happened to fall on the weekend of Maura's party. We were so pleased that she was able to make it!






1 comment:
Best. party. EVER!!!!!
Post a Comment