Ten years! How is that even possible?? I guess it's true what they say-time flies when you're having fun! Ten short years ago I married my best friend. It was truly one of the best decisions that I've ever made. We have had so many adventures over the past ten years from overseas vacations, to buying our first home, two mobilizations, and our biggest adventure of all, parenthood. We've had our ups and downs, like every couple, but through it all we've loved each other, laughed at our mishaps, and smiled at adversity. God has richly blessed our marriage, and I pray that we'll celebrate sixty more years together!

Although we plan on taking a longer ten year anniversary trip together, our summer was so jam packed that we couldn't squeeze it in! Instead, we chose to head to Louisville for a Bed and Breakfast overnight together. Grammy and
Pappap volunteered for kid duty, so we really enjoyed our kid free evening. I wanted to bring a cake along to remember our wedding night ten years ago when we sat in a bed and breakfast and enjoyed our wedding cake. We could barely manage to eat it after our delicious dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, but I managed to find room for chocolate!

We loved our Bed and Breakfast, nestled in Old Louisville. It was previously owned by the DuPont family, so it was a beautiful Victorian Mansion. We enjoyed walking the streets of Old Louisville at night, reliving a beautiful bygone era. There are portions of the area that are still lit by gas lanterns. It was fabulous!

The next morning, we headed to the Louisville Slugger Museum to hang out with the likes of Babe Ruth and Ken
Griffey Jr. I haven't been to this Museum since I was a little girl, so it was fun to go back as an adult to see how the bats are made.

Of course we couldn't miss the opportunity to pose with the giant bat! I realized later that this was the only photo taken of both of us on our special anniversary trip!

We walked over to the history museum for a few minutes to browse their awesome gift shop and I couldn't resist the opportunity to take a photo of Admiral Brent and Mona Julie.

We had a wonderful time on our little anniversary trip and it was a much needed chance to get away and relax together as a couple. We planned to take a cruise this October over Fall Break, but it was not meant to be. Instead, Brent will be heading off to Afghanistan in October and I will attempt to serve as both mother and father to our sweet children. It will be another chapter of our lives, one that I hope will draw us closer together as a family and make us appreciate each other even more. Please be in prayer for our family as we pass through this difficult portion of our lives. Happy Anniversary, my love! I can't imagine spending my life with anyone but you!

2 comments:
Happy Anniversary - I LOVE you so much. We had a great time and I look forward to so many more years together - may God bless and guide us in all those days to come!
Love, Me (brent :-)
Happy Decade to my favorite couple!! Love you guys so much!
Post a Comment