SNOW!!!! The kids have been praying for it ever since winter started and they really ramped up their desire for snow at Christmas time, just having returned from snowy Colorado. It arrived a few days late, but just before New Years, we had a beautiful, gloriously sticky snow that the kids COULD NOT WAIT to play in. It was the first real snow of the winter, and they were determined to do all things snowy! Tristan set off for the pool in the yard to really do some snowball damage with a pool full of snow, but unfortunately got his foot stuck within moments of getting out into the yard. I thought we might have to cut the plastic to extract him, but I managed to get him out!
Now, THIS is one happy girl! I think the only thing that could have improved the day for her would have been some skis on her feet!
Oh, my boys! I love them so!
This was our attempt at sledding! I've kept this blow up sled in the garage for years and we've used it sporadically. I had Brent blow it up for the kids, only to realize it has a pretty substantial leak. One trip for Tristan down our "slope" and his tail was dragging the ground!! So much for sledding! It made a pretty good snowball holder!
Snowballs were flying all around. Tristan(unwisely) went up against Bennett at close range. The results weren't pretty. That kid has an ARM!
AND the weeping ensued!
This was some serious snowman making snow...sticky and wet, we just knew we had to make a big one! Maura pushed the bottom of the snowman as long as she could, but it quickly outweighed her. Thankfully, Daddy is a pro at snowman construction and we had a real beauty. Maura's friend Aubrey joined us just in time to put on the finishing touches and pose for a photo before it was time to go in for hot chocolate! I can't think of a more fun way to spend a morning of winter break!





No comments:
Post a Comment