I do all of the cutting(not ready for her to handle a scapel!) and so we set to work trying to open up our pigeon. Maura was SO interested in everything we happened upon, especially this crop full of seeds. We counted over forty kernels of corn! Apparently they give the birds a good last meal before they become biology specimens!
The boys were also very interested in the proceedings. They joined us after their bath to get the internal anatomy lesson.
Maura wasn't allowed to cut, but she used that probe with gusto. She was able to identify all the major internal and external structures by the time we finished. I'm so proud of my big girl! She's growing up so quickly and becoming such a beautiful young lady, inside and out. She's much easier to work with and school these days and she's developed a real patience with her brothers which leads to peace between them. I love this girl!
A good time was had by all(except the poor pigeon) and we'll probably be doing this again soon. This is truly one of the best things about homeschooling. We are able to cater to their interests to create lessons which will truly stick with them and contribute to a culture of lifelong learning. I love how much I'm learning this year as I teach my children and we have seen such an improvement in not only their academic performance, but in their behavior as well. Brent and I both feel that homeschooling has been rough, but successful this year and we plan on continuing next year. Please continue to pray for our family as we walk this sometimes bumpy homeschooling journey!





1 comment:
GRRRRRRROOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! You are SUCH a better woman than I. Your kids amaze me too. Four out of Five Rogers would be passed out on the floor if that had been us!
Post a Comment