We are truly enjoying our new year. There's lots of promise of fun things to come this year. Maura is loving her first pet. She already has two cats at home, whom she LOVES, but this fish is the first pet that solely belongs to her. My sister, Emily, gave it to her for Christmas, and Maura thinks it's wonderful. She loves to sit and watch it swim around and especially loves "feeding" it. Actually she only thinks she's feeding it, because I make sure the fish food is closed before I give it to her. Otherwise, we'd have the fattest beta and the dirtiest tank in the world. She calls it "Maura's fishy" whenever we ask her what it's name is, so I guess that's the name! Brent has been so paranoid that we're going to accidentally kill the thing, because she'd be heartbroken. It does worry me too, because this fish will literally rest on the bottom for most of the day. I'm constantly walking by and shaking the tank just to make sure it's still breathing! Please wish us good fishy luck!
Another first--Maura has taken up drinking paint. Just kidding. It was her first finger painting experience with some new art supplies from Christmas. The safety tab was still firmly attached to the bottle when this pic was taken!
The artist at work. She loved putting the paint on the paper. She did not love having the paint on her fingers. In fact, every few minutes she'd come to me to have her hands wiped up. What a priss. She even does this at mealtimes, which is good because it encourages her to use her utensils rather than her fingers. She does NOT like messy hands.
"How dare you look at my unfinished work!" I need to point out my awesome garage sale find. I bought this easel at a garage sale last summer for $2!! I can't wait for the weather to get warm enough for garage sales to start back up.
The rest of the pictures for this blog post are from New Years Eve. Yes, I'm a little behind, but we've had major technology issues. I hope to finally have all issues resolved this evening. We finally have a new computer, and a new camera. The last step is to download my photo software to the new computer but Brent has to bring it home from school first!! Hint, hint, honey!!
This is Brent and Maura enjoying the UK/FSU Bowl game. My poor, long suffering husband was pulled away from the game to come to my parents house for their annual New Year's Eve party. Unfortunately, they don't have ESPN, so Brent was reduced to listening to the remainder of the game on the radio. Maura kept trying to turn OFF the radio because it has a big, nice off button right on top. This was so aggravating to the poor guy, but he remained in good humor especially after UK won!
Maura and Grammy. Maura LOVES coming to my parents house and whenever I mention we're going, she begins to list through all the people and pets that she might encounter there. She can't wait to see Grammy and Pappap of course, but she also looks forward to seeing Molly, the dog. I think she's almost as fond of Molly as she is of her grandparents!!
We really had a great time at this party--how can you not have a great time when chocolate fondue is on the menu. I consider it my last big splurge of the old year and indulge in whatever delicacies that I can get my hands on!

Last second of the Old YEAR. Goodbye 2007! It was a great year, but we're going to enjoy 2008 even more!!
Last second of the Old YEAR. Goodbye 2007! It was a great year, but we're going to enjoy 2008 even more!!





No comments:
Post a Comment