Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family time in Pennsylvania

My parents and my siblings were so excited to see the kids while we were in Pennsylvania. We haven't seen Katie or Lorie since we moved at the beginning of August, so it was lots of fun to catch up with them and let them see how much the kids have grown in two months. Mom and Dad came by first thing in the morning to get lots of grandkid time in before the wedding. They had to leave early the next morning, so they wanted to get as much time with the kids on Saturday.

Grammy loving on her sweet grandkids. I don't think my mom could get enough of her grandkids. We've been so blessed to see her so much since our move and she and dad will be back in about a week and a half for another visit. Frequent visits are making the time down here fly by.

When we go to my grandparents' house, Maura uses the same high chair that my dad and his two siblings used as babies. It's hard to believe that my grandparents have kept this chair for almost sixty years! This is the same chair that I sat in growing up, as did all the rest of my cousins. It's kinda neat to think about all the meals and special memories that have taken place in this chair over the years
What a perfect angel...at least for a moment! Maura plays nicely by herself with all of the toys in the place until the rest of the crew arrives.
It then becomes Maura crazy time!! Everyone there seemed bent upon riling up my child! Then, they wonder why she's so wound up when they see her! Brad turned her upside down again and again.
Aunt Katie wrestled with her and let her mess up her hair.
But, my oh my does my girl love her Aunt Katie! I guess when you only get to see your aunts and uncles once every two months it's OK if they get you a little wound up!
Everyone came by again on Sunday morning before they headed out to spend a bit more time with us.
Great Grandma loved the time with the kids, even if Maura does wear her out a bit!
Aunt Katie and Scott with Tristan.
Uncle Micah finally feels like Tristan is big and sturdy enough to be less breakable, and thus holdable. He's going to be a great daddy.

Uncle Micah was drawing pictures on the Etch-a-Sketch and Tristan could not have been more interested. He was practically crawling off Lorie's lap to get a better look.
Aunt Lorie and Uncle Micah with my two kiddos.
I think I've failed to mention how much Maura loved this little chair. It's a kiddie sized recliner that my grandparents have had for years. It's the perfect size for Maura and she took possession soon after arriving. She and the "yittle teddy" spent many a happy moment in the chair.
Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Ray came by for a quick visit just after my siblings left. Aunt Sylvia just loved this big boy.
One last picture with Grandma and Pappap just before we left for the airport. We enjoyed our stay and probably overwhelmed my grandparents with our presence, but I'm so glad we went. I feel time ticking away from me with my grandparents and want to try to give them every opportunity to visit with their great grandkids while they can still enjoy it. I remember my great grandparents mostly from photographs, but I hope my children will remember and have a meaningful relationship with their great grandparents.


Our trip back was mercifully easier than our trip there. I had learned from my mistakes and found that it was much easier to gate check the car seat than to take it on board with me. The kids were so great on both flights and we actually had our special assistance waiting for us in Atlanta. I wish I had thought to take a picture of Maura. She got to ride on the wheelchair and she looked like Cleopatra sailing down the Nile. She got more looks in the airport as we rolled on by because of the huge smile she had on her face for the entire ride between terminals. I was so relieved to be landing in Columbus when we finally got there at 10:30 pm and I'm not sure if I've ever been so happy to see my sweet husband!! It was a great trip and a great visit, but I think I'm done with the solo travelling, at least for the time being!

post signature

No comments: