Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tristan's first taste of "real" food

On Tuesday, September 23rd, we gave Tristan his first solid food. He was only four and a half months old and I thought we would wait a bit longer, but the sleepless nights finally got to me and out of desperation I bought some cereal. Tristan is still waking at least twice a night to eat. I have to actually get up to feed him because otherwise he winds up spending the entire night in bed with me. I'm essentially losing at least an hour and a half of sleep a night when you factor in the time it takes me to get back to sleep. I was REALLY hopeful that adding cereal would help to remedy the situation.

" Peace out dude! I'm like waiting for my cereal."
" I'm so hungry that I could eat my bib!"
"Alright, already! Enough photos! Bring on the food!"
Here's the very first taste. He grimaced, but did go on to swallow that mouthful.
He wasn't too sure about this new development. He did take about half the amount I prepared, but spit a lot of it back out at me. He got pretty excited about it and kicked those little legs, so I figured that he was enjoying the experience. Since that first feeding, he's gotten more and more excited about his cereal. Tonight, when he saw me getting it ready, he started grabbing for the bowl and managed to get his fingers in it. It doesn't surprise me that my little chunker likes his solid food. We'll probably keep him just in rice cereal until he's closer to six months.



Here's the video we shot during his first feeding. Unfortunately the camera was turned the wrong way, but if you turn your head you can see it pretty well. I love how he kicks those chunky legs when he gets excited. The night we fed the cereal, Tristan slept really well, until about five thirty in the morning. Ever since, it's been a little mixed. He has been sick and stuffy, so that hasn't been the best indicator of sleep ability. I hope that we can fill up his little tank so I can finally get some sleep!


post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

What a big boy!! Hope this helps in your quest to get more sleep!