Friday, October 17, 2008

Nan and Poppa's October Visit

Last weekend Brent's parents came down for a visit. We were so excited to welcome them to our Georgia home and have them visit with us and the kids. It had been a little while since they'd seen the kids and Maura especially was looking forward to their visit. When they arrived on Friday, she could hardly contain herself. Between seeing Nan and Poppa and visiting the dogs Patton and Lucy, she was wound up! She couldn't wait for her Nan and Poppa to play with her.

Brent, Maura, Chuck and Tristan enjoying the porch swing. We really enjoyed sitting out on the porch and catching up.
If this looks like chaos to you, you'd be right on target. What's happening here is that Maura is "fishing" for Patton. Patton, the big bulldog, is terrified of the fishing rod and the crazed two-year-old wielding it. He's trying to crawl up in Chuck's lap to get away from it!
When we finally got Maura to sit down and be quiet Patton was happy to sit next to her. Sweet Maura, Poppa and Patton.
Nan and Poppa thought Tristan was HUGE!
Where's Tristan??
Peek-a-Boo!! He did look really sweet wearing the hat. Nan had bought the hat for Maura, but she would have none of it. She's always been a little wary of hats and she was NOT going to wear this one!
Brent did try it on. I'd love for his soldiers to get a glimpse of this picture!
Nan and Poppa brought a cool sticker book for Maura, but I think she had more fun sticking the stickers on her own face than she did on the pumpkins in the book. This look actually freaks me out a little bit!
Nan got to enjoy giving Tristan his nighttime bottle. I'm really working on tanking him up at night so we can sleep a little longer. Last night, he slept from 11:30 to 5:00. Woo Hoo!!



These photos are from Maura and Tristan's first bath together. This was actually the night before Nan and Poppa's visit. Maura has been begging us to put her baby brother in the bath with her for months and we'd always refused when he was really little. He's starting to be able to really hold himself straight up when sitting, so I thought I'd give the bath seat a try. Maura was so excited to have some company in the bath. She even voluntarily shared her bath toys.
Tristan gazing at his big sister with adoration. As you can see, he's not quite ready for the bath seat. He sat with a definite slouch and I can't imagine it was a very comfortable sensation between the legs as he began sliding out of the chair.
Maura thought it was hilarious to "share" her toy.
Tristan is young enough that he doesn't know when he's being laughed at. We'll have to put the bath seat away for a little while and bring it out when he's sitting a little better. There are lots of sibling baths to come.


I just had to include a picture of Tristan in the Jumperoo. This was one of Maura's favorite toys as a baby and I think he'll love jumping in it just as much.



post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

You guys are getting SO much company!!! I'm jealous! Love the bath pics.