My sweet baby boy turned five months old on October 6
th. That's just how far behind I am at blogging these days! At five months, Tristan is still such a jovial little man. He has a wonderful personality and is always ready to smile and giggle at us. He loves peek-a-boo and pretty much any other game that involves having someone get right up in his face. He'll make noises to get me to look at him if I'm paying attention to something else. He likes giving kisses, but I'm not sure if it's a "kiss" or if he just wants to taste my face like he does everything else! He loves his toys and will hold things in his hands and suck on them. He's a
slobberpuss and keeps the neck of his outfits soaked at all times. I often keep a bib on him so I won't have to change an outfit. He is so entranced by his sister and gets so excited when she comes and talks to him. He's really starting to reach out and touch things and especially loves to reach up and touch my face when he's nursing. He loves hair and loves to pull it and try to taste it. He has almost no interest in developing any of the more physical milestones. He isn't even close to sitting on his own and will quickly keel over if placed in a sitting position. He hates being on his belly, so getting up on hands and knees is somewhere in the very distant future. He's a strong little man, though, and he loves to stand on our laps. He's still a TERRIBLE sleeper, which is the only thing that keeps him from being the best baby ever, oh and he also HATES his
car seat. He goes stiff as a board when placed in his
car seat. As for sleeping, he still wakes up every three to four hours at night, so I'm working on trying to get some more calories in him during the day(because he
definitely looks as if he's starving!) and we're working on some soothing strategies. I haven't had a full night's sleep in seven months or so!! He's a lover and a cuddle bug and I just LOVE my big boy!!


He always smiles for the camera! He was weighed at the doctor on the 2
nd of the month at 17 pounds, three ounces. I don't know exactly how long he is. He's getting chunky again, so he must not be growing lengthwise at the moment.
This photo shoot was supposed to be all about Tristan, but Maura got a little jealous. Here's the obligatory Maura shot.


When Daddy comes home, Tristan gazes at him in adoration.
If we could only have such a reception all the time!


I love this shot! He looks like he's hugging the camera.
My chunky monkey contemplating the finer points of the universe.


How could anyone resist that smile??

He's a charmer, through and through. Five months is my favorite age. Babies at five months love their mommies, can't live without their mommies, laugh at everything and can't go anywhere!! I love it!

1 comment:
I left comments on all of your previous posts yesterday and then my Internet had an error and wouldn't let me resend or go back, so all was lost. I've been boycotting your blog in protest on the unfairness of the Internet. But I must be addicted, because my boycott only lasted a day! Happy 5 months, Tristan!!
Post a Comment