This will be the last birthday post, I promise! Because we had Maura's birthday party four days prior to her actual birthday, I wanted to do something a little special to celebrate the momentous occasion. I woke up on the 11th thinking about the sweet baby girl that I delivered into the world just three short years ago. It seems like only a moment since that day, but we've had so many wonderful times and beautiful memories since that day. I thought about each milestone that we'd passed with Maura and what a smart, charming, beautiful little girl that she's becoming and I felt truly blessed to be her mommy. Brent and I love her so much and are so blessed to be able to call her our child. Maura showed me how many fingers "three" is.


What a cute little three year old! We went over to visit our friends Rachel and Avery in the morning while my mom played tennis. We had a great visit, but I didn't take any great photos. After tennis, we met our friends Angie and Sarah at
Gattitown for some lunch and some fun. Sarah loves celebrating with us and she was more excited about coming than Maura was! Maura is probably the only three year old I know that still wears a bib, but she
doesn't object and her table manners are still atrocious! We're working on them!


Angie, Sarah, Maura and I. We're so lucky to have wonderful friends like them. They bless our lives in so many ways. Angie and Sarah actually went with us last year on Maura's actual birthday and we enjoyed the Children's museum and Chick-
fil-A. I guess we're making it a tradition! Maura's very favorite thing at the restaurant is the cool carousel. She's very picky about her horse, but she was so excited when she finally got mounted up.


Grammy with big man Tristan. He loved the lights of the carousel. Sarah and Angie got in on the ride.<


Grammy and Tristan played a VERY
competitive game involving a lot of pounding. I would have rescued Tristan, but I might have accidentally gotten pounded on the head! Maura and Sarah went for a relaxing drive. Thankfully they both had steering wheels, so they could both "drive."


Mommy, Tristan and Maura enjoying one last ride on the carousel. We had lots of fun playing all the games, winning prizes and hanging out with Grammy and our friends. What a memorable birthday...but it wasn't over! We headed home to give the kids naps and Tristan
serenaded us for a few minutes. He's pretty good!


After Maura's "nap"(she was too excited to sleep) she helped Grammy make some cupcakes and icing. Grammy even let her help ice them with, what else, purple icing.


The beautiful finished product. Yum! Grammy had at least eight different type of sprinkles and Maura had to use every single one. We had a quiet family dinner that night with Grammy,
Pappap, Aunt Lorie, Maura, Tristan and I.


The crowning moment for Maura was the birthday song. She LOVES the birthday song! Blowing out those candles.


My parents and Brent and I saved most of our gifts for her to open on her birthday, so she had lots of fun opening presents. Grammy and
Pappap got her the biggest present of all! Her eyes were HUGE when Dad carried this in! It was a dollhouse! Maura loves dollhouses these days and just a few days before spied one on the
Internet and asked me to buy it. She was ready to climb into the thing, she was so excited! We immediately opened all the furniture that she'd gotten for her birthday and set it all up for her.


Tristan crawled around the front while we were all playing and stuck his plump little hand right through the front door. It was so funny to see those pudgy fingers wiggling in the house. What a cutie! What a great birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment