
Sunday, March 29, 2009
STOP, DROP and ROLL!!
I want to get the last of the Kentucky photos up before we head back to...you guessed it-KENTUCKY!! We'll be heading toTennessee this coming weekend to visit with family before going back to Kentucky to camp out and wait for the bambino to make her appearance. We're all hoping for an early birth because I need to get back to my husband before he breaks more bones or poisons himself with rotten meat! Brent doesn't do well when left to his own devices. Some men are made to be married, and he's one of them! I sure do love my hubby and I really don't want to be away from him for a whole month, so everyone say a quick prayer for Lorie to go into labor sometime not too long after the sixth of April! On our last Friday in Kentucky, we went over to Katie's reception site, Fasig Tipton. I hadn't seen it yet and wanted to check it out before the big day. This photo is classic Maura. I think the lady gave her a cookie to keep her from running all over the room.

Tristan got some Aunt Katie snuggles. Grammy and Maura enjoyed checking out the reception site. It will be good to have a visual example in my head now while we're doing the planning. After we toured the site, we we headed over for what we thought would be a leisurely lunch.

Katie, Maura and I at Sapporo's, our favorite(and cheap) hibachi grill. Me, Aunt Barbara(who had just flown in that morning), Tristan and Mom.

The whole crew(that's Emily on the right). These photos were taken only moments before calamity struck. We were seated at the grill with an older lady and a girl who was in her late teens or early twenties. They were nice enough to take these photos for us and we chatted a bit. Then, the cook came out doing his usual routine, turned the grill on and prepared for the huge fireball that proceeds all hibachi cooking. Well, something went very wrong and the girl started squealing right after he lit the grill. We looked over to see that her shirt was on FIRE! She was just hitting at it and squealing and Katie and I both started shouting, "Stop, drop and roll!" I think she was just panicked and didn't hear us at first, but then she got down and rolled around and stood back up quickly, at which point her shirt reignited! The hibachi cook grabbed her and put the fire out with her coat. It probably only lasted 10-15 seconds, but it felt like an eternity. I felt so sorry for the girl. She stood over in the corner of the restaurant in pain and embarrassment. I went over to see if she was OK and she had some minor burns on her stomach. They left soon after and we all looked at each other and wondered if we should stay or go. I was STARVING, so I voted for staying, but my aunt was very shaken and I think she just wanted to leave. Before we were able to decide, the cook came back and just started cooking for us, so we stayed and ate and it was delicious. We got SOOOOOO much food, because they cooked the food for the other two people for us. This was my plate, after I'd eaten a lot of chicken and rice and before they gave me veggies. We took home six to-go boxes full of food! What a crazy experience! I will certainly scoot my chair back from now on when they light up the grill!

We really enjoyed our visit with Aunt Barbara. We only see her about once a year, so we try to get as much visiting time in as possible. Tristan loved playing with her. Maura and Tristan with Aunt Barbara.

Maura and Tristan with Aunt Barbara and Grammy. Barbara is Mom's oldest sister. She is gracious to come to our graduations and showers and we truly appreciate the effort that she makes to be there. Thanks Aunt Barbara. We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I'm so glad you're making arrangements to be there when the baby arrives! I know you were stressed about that when you found out your sis was preggo. I love how close-knit your family is! Maura's sweater is so cute! Looks like it came from Lyla! Or is that the one that Brent's mom bought her? Such style!
Nope, not a Lyla creation. This one is from my mother-in-law and I've promised to hand it down through the generations because apparently it was pretty expensive!
Post a Comment