Thursday, May 28, 2009

Goodbye Georgia, Hello Kentucky!

Well, as most of you know, we're officially Kentuckians again!! We packed up on Friday and drove all day Saturday to get back to Kentucky! We're so glad to be home! We loved Georgia and all the wonderful people and experiences that we had there, but truly, there is no place like home! It was such a relief to roll up in front of our own house on Sunday with our moving truck to move our possessions back in and close this chapter of our lives. Our time in Georgia was truly unforgettable and I hope that we made some friends that we will keep for life. We will miss our church so much, but we also can't wait to get back to our Kentucky church too. It's really bittersweet, but it will be mostly sweet once we get back into the swing of things and life gets more normal. Brent is still in Georgia(he drove us up and unloaded us, then flew back to GA) so things are still a little topsy turvy. Also, unpacking the house will two small children has been no picnic, but I've had lots of help from my family and friends. I hope to have everything put back into place by the next time Brent mobilizes.(Ha ha, hilarious joke!) Here is the pictorial representation of the past week of moving. Keep in mind that I was too exhausted to photograph almost anything!The kids "helped" us clean out the cabinets. Tristan looks like he's up to no good! He's going to be that annoying little brother for sure!! Tristan "helped" Daddy disassemble the crib. "Look, Ma, I'm tough enough to eat nails!"

We had lots of help moving from our Georgia family. They showed up and started moving all our stuff out and we were done in no time! The kids loved playing on the couch cushions. Ella adopted Tristan and took "care" of him. What is more fun to a child than a completely empty house to run around in?
Last photos in the Georgia house the morning we left. Sweet Tristan always amazed by everything his sister does. Maura, ever the entertainer twirling and tweeting on her whistle. I was glad to have them burn off some energy before our long trip.

Maura got us loaded up and pulled that truck out! A glimpse into her future, perhaps?

We had lots of help from our Kentucky church family on Sunday for unloading. We brought some of the yard toys in to keep the kids occupied because none of their real toys were unpacked!
On Memorial day we left the chaos that is our house to "picnic" in the kitchen at my parent's house. Maura was so happy to see her kitty, Thea. Tristan was so happy to see the kitty too. I just think this hand thing is so cute. He does it whenever he REALLY wants something, in this case the kitty.
We were so excited to see our new niece Alexandra. She is already four weeks old. What a cutie! She is truly a beautiful baby girl.
Lorie has been over a lot over the past week, but I've been too busy unpacking to really enjoy my niece, so it was nice to spend some time just sitting and holding her tonight. The house is back in some semblance of order, so Lorie and Alex came over for dinner. Maura and Tristan love seeing their new cousin too. Sweet kisses for baby Alex. Maura says she's "SOOOOOO cUUUte!"
Tristan tries hard to be gentle, but he's kind of like a tank. He accidentally hit her yesterday while petting her head. He's so interested in this little baby and he just stares and stares at her. The cousins took a fun stroller ride this evening. Alex looks like she's saying, "Get out of my space, you fatty!"
In other big news, Maura moved to a big girl bed when we moved back in. I've been promising her that she could move out of the crib when we moved home and she remembered. I've been really hesitant to move her, knowing that naps would probably disappear when she left the crib and that other discipline issues would surface. So far, though, she's done really well. We've only had a few problems with her staying in her bed. She's actually napped for the past three days in the bed too, which is a miracle. I think God knew that I needed some kid-free time to do some unpacking! She looks like such a big girl in her new bed!
As you can tell, she's super excited about her bed. I'm so proud of her and can't believe how quickly she's growing up!

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey glad your back, we'll need a get together, whenever I am off work! Sydney has been in a big girl bed for 3-4 months now, she was a climber. She has done real well, I thought she would get out, but usually she yells mommy from her bed n the morning. She still naps, of course she is at Sues and tells her "nap" so she can take a nap!

Shauna

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael and Hannah said...

Welcome back! The only thing that would be better would be if I actually still lived in Kentucky too! Happy big girl bed, Maura! I'm loving Tristan's hair and the little flip action going on!