We spent the whole week leading up to Easter getting settled into my parent's house and preparing for the holiday weekend. After Easter was over, we had a chance to get out and do some fun things and to visit with our dear friends. We always have so much fun together, so we couldn't wait to spend time with them. Dawn and Lily came over one day to play. Maura and Lily enjoyed a snack together.


Their favorite part was feeding each other! Maura got the biggest kick out of this. We really enjoyed playing down in my parent's basement. It's a finished basement with LOTS of toys, so we spent a lot of time down there on this visit. My kids loved the blocks, but I was always wary that someone was going to chuck one at their sibling.


Dad stayed home one day to visit and do some work around the house. Tristan loved playing with both grandparents. His favorite game, "I'm gonna get you!" He gets to laughing so hard that you don't know how he'll ever stop.


Maura has turned into a bossy older sister. Now that Tristan is WAY more mobile, she's always telling him what he can and can't do. Sometimes I'm
grateful for it because it alerts me that he's getting into something. Most of the time, it's just kind of annoying to have two little mommas yelling "NO!" to the poor little guy. Maura was the self-proclaimed "Keeper of the Dog Food" for the time we were there. The poor dog rarely had food or water on the floor due to my adventurous toddler.


One sunny day, we decided to get out for a picnic and walk at the Wildlife
Sanctuary. It was a gorgeous day, the first really nice one that we'd had during the whole visit. We invited our friends Angie and Sarah to come with us. Maura and Tristan met a bear right at the entrance to the exhibit.


The girls were most interested in the snake. They loved it when it moved! Maura assisted by banging on the glass. The snake
LOVED it! Tristan loved the furs. I can't blame him!


Grammy enjoyed the walk with her two little friends. Sarah is so friendly and outgoing, I think she would hold hands with the
Bogey man! We got to check out the genuine Kentucky Wildcat. This particular animal is the official mascot of the University of Kentucky. I wonder if he ever gets to go to the games?


This was the highlight of the girl's day. They loved throwing stones into the water. Honestly, I think we could have come and just thrown stones and they would have been blissfully happy. My very dear friend Angie and I. Angie is going to be a mommy again in October. I can't wait!


Maura loved "driving"
My momma and I. I really appreciated her willingness to spend so much time feeding, cleaning up after and entertaining us on this visit. Three weeks will wear out almost anyone's welcome! Maura loved Pappap's tractor. I remember sitting up on my Dad's tractor when I was a kid. I loved it too. In case you're wondering, no, my girl doesn't have any pants on. I took Tristan's off to let him crawl around so we could avoid grass stains and Maura just had to lose hers too!


My big baby boy against the blue, blue sky. Beautiful! It just seemed like a great day for a photo shoot, until Mom's cat wondered onto the set and spoiled it all for me!


It's a "Maura-in-the-box." I really think I might just start keeping a box of packing peanuts around the house to provide hours of entertainment. What a cute little
Oompa Loompa. This was Tristan's first experience with
spaghetti and he felt a need to smear it all over his face. He was unbelievably orange. The photo doesn't do it justice!


Just had to include this one. One of his new favorite words is "this," accompanied by a pointing finger. How do you contain a crazy crawling boy? A laundry basket, of course!


We headed over to
Gattitown one day for some entertainment. Thanks, Grammy, for teaching my baby to gamble on horses! Maura enjoyed her carousel ride.


Tristan loved driving! Aunt Katie met us for lunch one day later that week. Grammy took over feeding duties for me. It's nice to have a break from that sometimes!


One Wednesday, we went over to visit our friends Rachel, Avery and
Jentry. Tristan and Avery are only six months apart, so I hope they'll be good buddies someday. I love this photo--they look like they're having a discussion about their favorite sports teams. Jentry had to get in on the action too. Tristan loved checking out the lady!

Brent drove up to pick us up on the day that Alexandra was born. I was SO glad that Lorie went into labor that Friday morning, because Brent had to leave by Friday afternoon if he was going to pick us up that weekend. I was so pleased to call him that morning to let him know that Lorie was in labor and that he needed to come pick up his family to take us back to Georgia. FINALLY! We went over for a visit on Saturday so that Brent could visit his newest niece. She looked so tiny in his arms.
Sweet Alexandra Grace. I'm jealous of the hair. I can't believe she had enough for a bow! She's growing already and I can hardly wait to see her at the end of the month. I have a feeling that this month will fly by and we'll be back in our Old Kentucky Home before we know it!

2 comments:
What fantastic photos! I might have to steal a few for my blog (since I forgot my camera on our trip to the wildlife sanctuary). We can't wait for you guys to come home so we can have many more summer adventures!
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, TRISTAN!!!!! Love the pics... minus the cat. ha! Looks like a trip full of wonderful memories. You'll be home again soon, Dorothy! ;o)
Post a Comment