I have to back up for a post to show some of the going away activities that we did the week before we moved. We enjoyed our time in Georgia so much and made some wonderful friendships. We used our last week in Georgia to say goodbye to the people and places we have come to love over the past year. On our last Sunday at our church, they held a Going Away reception for us. We were so honored, especially since we attended a very heavily military church where it is pretty commonplace for people to come and go. We loved having the chance to visit with our church family and say our goodbyes.


Maura and Mr. Benny, the children's minister. Maura loved Mr. Benny and she's going to miss him. She asked if Mr. Benny would be at our Kentucky church and I had to tell her no. She's learned so much from Mr. Benny this year--the fruits of the spirit, the apostles, and loads of great songs. Maurine and Tristan had a great visit together. Tristan is a social little guy and is always ready to charm the ladies with his sweet smiles.


Miss Maria and Tristan. He was passed around quite a bit this night and I think everyone who held him gave him a cookie. I have no idea how many cookies this child consumed that evening!! Maria is going to miss her little buddy. The girls, Heather, Irene, Me, Belinda and Maria. Such good friends!


Melissa lived just up the street from us in Georgia and she planned the whole reception for us. What a sweetie! She made us feel so loved! Maurine and I. We're going to miss Maurine and Buddy so much. They are such wise and loving people. We hope to see them someday soon, though, when they'll visit their children in Kentucky.


That same week, we attended a Hail and Farewell for Brent's
battalion. I was so glad that it ended up being scheduled while we were still in GA. They held it at the new Infantry Museum at Fort
Benning, so I was glad to get a peek at the museum before we had to leave. Look at my little boy. Do you think he'll be a soldier one day?? He couldn't peel his eyes away from that statue.


Tristan at dinner, "More peas please!" Maura at dinner. From time to time I think we're turning a corner on photographs and she gives me an adorable smile like this one.


The very next instant, I get a look like this one! Mom was able to join us at the Hail and Farewell. We said goodbye to Brent's battalion, 1-11
th. I will miss being part of the army life. I made some good friends among the officer's wives and enjoyed the
wives's coffee parties and all the fun that went along with that.


We met Brent for lunch one day when I had to take the car in to be serviced. Maura thinks wearing Daddy's hat is hilarious! Gosh, I love those two! We loved getting a chance to see Brent in the middle of his day.


Mom and I, exhausted from packing, and glad to take a lunch break! Tristan and Daddy.


OK, so the whole week was not all slave labor. We took Tuesday morning off to meet our friends Carolyn, Will and Walker at Monkey Joe's. We love this place--giant inflatables all under one roof. Maura and Will had a great time playing King of the Mountain together on this giant turtle. I kept waiting for one of them to take a knee to the head, but it thankfully never happened. Momma loves her big boy!


Will is just too cute. I wish my girl would smile this well for the camera!! Maura and Walker played Follow the Leader. We're going to miss our friends so much!


Here comes trouble! Grammy and Tristan were all tired out. We had lots of fun playing and we were glad to have a chance to visit with friends and visit Monkey Joe's all at the same time. I'm attempting to locate the cord that attaches our
ebook to the computer. When I do, I'll post photos from the Wild Animal Safari we attended. Too much fun!!

2 comments:
Aw, I'm sure everyone in Georgia is already missing you like crazy!
wow! there is maurine!!! :) how neat that you got to know them. I am so blessed they are my in-laws!!
melanie jones
Post a Comment