
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Meet our new daughter
Ha, fooled you, didn't I. You thought I was announcing a pregnancy! Nope, the time isn't right for that at the moment! What we did decide to do was to sponsor a child through Compassion International. My family has sponsored a child through this organization for many years and it is truly a worthy cause. Compassion develops schools in the poorest areas worldwide and feeds, clothes and educates children. These children are sponsored by families around the world. What is most amazing is that Compassion can do all this for $32 a month. That's just a little over a dollar a day, for you non-math people! You can't even buy a cup of coffee for that here in the states! All Compassion schools are Christian schools, so along with an education, the children learn about Jesus. Children are not required to be Christians to attend, but many become Christians as they grow up in the Compassion schools. Brent and I had decided awhile ago to sponsor a child, but I just hadn't gotten around to it. Last night, though, I was reading through a blog that I like and the woman who writes it had just gotten back from a Compassion trip. You can read all about it here.
I was moved to tears by Angie's insightful blogging and I resolved to sponsor a child immediately. As soon as Maura got up this morning, we went online and she helped me pick out a child. We chose a little girl who is three, the same age as Maura. Her name is Nalla Mounica, and we're so excited to welcome her into our family. We'll be able to write her letters and send her birthday and Christmas gifts. I hope to be able to show my children how to be generous and care for those who are MUCH less fortunate than us. I showed Maura some of the pictures from the blog and she remarked that some of the homes looked like, "burned down houses." She was appalled when I told her that they were not burned down, but they were all that those people could afford. I hope that my little girl can learn about how blessed that she is and how much she can bless others. Please consider choosing a child for yourself and changing their life forever. Click here to teach a child about Jesus and change their life forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
We have sponsered a girl named Paula for years, its nice getting letters from her!
Shauna
Can't think of a better way to spend $32!
Post a Comment