I promise that someday I'll get around to posting photos from this year, but I need to get some of these photos from late December in the blog. Some are just too precious not to post! We had a rather subdued New Years Eve celebration this year due mostly in part to this little man...It's hard to believe in just a few short hours, this hearty and healthy looking boy would be puking all over our bed. AWESOME! What a way to end the old year. Despite the fact that he was obviously not feeling great, he insisted upon wearing his
snow boots in the house all day long.

My awesome husband stayed behind for the majority of the evening and came over just before bedtime when we whisked Tristan upstairs and put him to bed to avoid contaminating the whole family. We enjoyed a quiet and small party at my parent's house on New Years Eve, in direct contrast to the harried pace of the previous holiday. Sweet Alexandra was saying goodbye to her very first year on earth. 2010 will be a great adventure for her as she learns to crawl and walk.

Brent and I have spent so many New Year's Eves together. This is our thirteenth year as a couple, our ninths as a married couple. I love my honey more every year. He is precious to me! The Bridge's
Rockin' New Years Eve! While we played games, Dad and Micah napped until the ball dropped.

Alex is trying to learn to crawl and on New Years Eve wriggling herself into this weird position. After the ball fell, and celebration was over, Alex was REALLY ready to retire for the night! Brent and I retired soon after to spend the night at my parent's house. Alas, it was not meant to be a restful night for us and Brent ended up taking Tristan home at 5am, while I stayed behind to decontaminate the room where he stayed. I love my kids, but this was really not how I was looking forward to welcoming in the New Year! Happy New Year 2010!

And speaking of retiring, recently during one of Maura's rare naps, I peeked in to see this sight. Maura had taken a hamper from her closet, pulled out all the stuffed animals, and crawled in herself to fall asleep. It was hilarious! She actually slept in this hamper at both naps and nighttime for about a week, then accidentally ripped a hole in the side. She no longer sleeps there, but it was
definitely on of the more unique sleeping arrangements that we've experienced yet. Tristan has a new obsession--
choo choo trains. I think we can trace it back to that
choo choo ride at
Opry Mills. Whatever it was, it occurred just a week or so after Christmas. It would have been nice to know BEFORE Christmas that we would be entering a train obsession! We got out Tristan's ride on train recently and he spent a lot of time riding around our foyer. Tristan talks about trains all the time and is always saying, "All Aboard!" these days!


Our first home church of the year was a relaxed affair where we ordered pizza and played Rock Band. The kids loved it and got in on the action. Maura found a pan and a stick and went to town as a percussionist for the Rock Band song.

All the girls took a very embarrassing turn at the game. We were, shall we say, awful! It was fun anyway. Here's to 2010. It's going to be an awesome and life changing year for us.

2 comments:
You'd better get caught up... you have news to report! Love the one of Maura sleeping in the hamper. At first I thought you had done that to keep her in bed! ha!
The hamper pic is hilarious!
Post a Comment