I realized the other day that I haven't blogged much about the baby. Since I'm already 37 weeks pregnant, I might not get another opportunity! I went to the OB on Wednesday for a checkup and had an ultrasound. The ultrasound estimated that the baby was 7 pounds 8 ounces, putting him in the 91st percentile. Due to the numbers and the fact that I've had a gigantic baby in the past, we made the decision to schedule an induction at 39 weeks. Most babies gain 1/2 pound a week during the last few weeks of pregnancy, so we can expect him to be roughly eight and a half pounds. SOO, all this to say, we'll be meeting our sweet baby boy in less than two weeks! We're so excited!!

Here I am at 37 weeks. I haven't been great about taking belly shots this time around. I'm carrying high, just like I did in my two previous pregnancies. It's funny, I feel like the baby is so low and then I take a picture of my side view and see how high he is! I guess he's going to have to drop a bit before I can expect to go into labor. I'm hopeful that this baby will decide to come on his own rather than force an induction, but if the position of the baby is any indication, that won't be happening!

From the front, I don't look very pregnant--this baby is straight out there! The gestational diabetes has certainly gone a long way toward making sure that I don't gain too much weight. I actually lost about five pounds the first week I was on the low
carb diet and I haven't gained any of that weight back...until yesterday. I woke up yesterday morning and suddenly I was swollen. I think I'm retaining water--hopefully it will go away soon and not stick around for the rest of the pregnancy!

As far as preparations go, we're ready! The room is painted, the mural is done and I'm packed(mostly). Here are some photos of the room. The giraffe is my favorite part. He took me three nights to paint, and he was totally worth it!

Brent painted the monkey, and he's really proud. It took him two nights and I was concerned that I was going to need to step in, but he pulled it off and did it even better than I would have. Our baby will love looking up at his baby chimp on the wall!

My pretty parrot. I would have loved to make the mural even more involved, but the logistics of time, plus the fact that I was 36 weeks pregnant made us decide to keep it (more)simple. There is just a limit to the amount of time one should spend standing on a chair when they're nine months pregnant!

I actually think that the nursery is my favorite, probably because I was so emotionally involved in the painting and decorating. I can't wait to bring my baby home and place him in his crib and have him be all ours, forever!

Love, love, love the safari canvas boxes and hamper I found at Babies R Us. I think they make the room!

Mom and I recovered the chair in the nursery. It was our last big project before the nursery could be considered complete and we just finished it last week. This rocker sat in Maura's nursery too, decorated in white, green and yellow plaid. I like it even better in giraffe print! I love how it turned out!

The
amoire. I love the furniture. I found it on
Craigslist and we got a steal on it. Sadly, my last child will have the nicest nursery furniture. I think a gigantic giraffe would look awesome in that corner by the door. I've been looking for one, and hopefully one will surface before the baby does!

I love the zebra rug too!
Walmart, baby! I can't wait to see my baby playing on this rug.

Brent installed the fan and I'm so proud of him. Who knew that I am married to an
amateur electrician!

All his buddies are waiting for my little man! Of course they won't all remain in the crib once the baby makes his home there, but I figured he might like a welcoming party.

I figured that I'd better go ahead and take a picture of his closet at it's cleanest. I doubt it will ever be cleaner again! That bag at the bottom is my new diaper bag, all packed up with teeny tiny diapers and a beautiful homecoming outfit. I can't wait to take it to the hospital and dress my newest sweet newborn in it. I can't wait to see how he looks. Will he be
blonde, dark, bald? The ultrasound indicated that he'd have some hair and that he's
definitely still a boy, but beyond that everything else is still in question. I can hardly wait to post the wonderful news that our precious baby has arrived. Stay tuned!

2 comments:
So excited!!!! The nursery looks incredible!
I agree w/Hannah! Wow to the nursery! And I can't believe you're going to have that baby before we return! The next time we see you ... he will be in your arms!
I saw "Libba" and David @ church on Sunday. I said that it was a Southside reunion right here @ Chattoochee Valley. She said "all we need is Julie". She is right!
Post a Comment