Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One Exciting Week

I think when you bring a baby home from the hospital, you're probably supposed to hunker down and relax and enjoy some rest and solitude. Well, that's just not really in my nature! I'm a people person people!! Bennett had an exciting first week home from the hospital. Yes, we did try to relax as much as is possible with THREE kids four and under at our house. My mom came over and spent four nights at our house to try and ensure we got as much sleep as possible. She cleaned my house from top to bottom several times. People started bringing dinners to us within two days of our arrival at home, and the food has just kept on coming. Despite all this relaxation, we just had to get out of the house a little.
Father's Day 2010. We came home on Saturday and Sunday was Father's Day. I sent Brent to church with the big kids for some Daddy/Kid one on one time while I stayed at home with the baby. Hmm, maybe that was more fun for me! Anyway, we headed to Grammy and Pappap's house for dinner. Uncle Brad and Aunt Emily had cooked a Mexican feast and we couldn't wait to eat some guacamole.
Two of my best boys. Tristan is such a daddy's boy right now that he won't let me be part of caring for him at all. It's hard for mommy to take, but I love that he has a special bond with his Daddy. It has certainly eased the transition of having mommy busy with a new baby in the house.
Grammy and Pappap with their newest grandson. What a blessing to have another grandchild in the family.
Brent looks good as a daddy of three, don't you think? He's a natural daddy and he does so great with the kids. Juggling three kids is certainly difficult, but he makes it look easy. Happy Father's day, Brent! It's wonderful to share the burden of parenthood with you and I'm loving the ride as a parent of three.

Miss Amy came to visit on Monday to meet our little man for the first time. She thought Bennett was handsome.I agree. He's just so precious. Look at those eyes open--we still don't see them very often.
Shauna came to visit on Tuesday. We miss having her next door. When Tristan was born, they could just walk across the yard to visit us. Now, visits have to be well planned.
I am so thrilled by how much Tristan loves his little brother. He can't wait to see him. This afternoon, when he woke up from his nap, he said, "Go see Baby Bennett!" He shows off for him all the time. "Bennett! Look at me!" He was showing Bennett his photo on Daddy's cell phone in this picture.
Tuesday afternoon, we decided to take the kids to see Toy Story 3. I figured that it was the optimal time to take a baby to a movie. Bennett is still so sleepy that I expected that he would sleep the whole time and I was right. He slept and the kids LOVED seeing the movie.
The kids spied a train on their way out of the theater and we had to dig in our ashtrays for enough change for some rides.
This is one happy train lovin' boy.
Bennett hung on to his umbilical cord for an abnormally long time, so we've been doing sponge baths. He's not a fan. We give him his baths as late as possible to wear him out before bedtime.
Washing that sweet little head. This is the only part that he stops crying for.
Ahh, yes, there's the screaming. We do have to keep the doors closed to keep Bennett from waking up his brother and sister.

I'm going to have to get some photos of Maura holding the baby. Tristan has held Bennett on several occasions. Generally, he's happy to hold the baby for about twenty seconds, then he's ready to shove him off his lap and move on to bigger and better things. Those twenty seconds are precious, though! I hope these brothers grow up to love each other and share a special bond.

post signature

2 comments:

Anna said...

Aw!!! Being a Mom of three is so much fun. You will love it. It's got its roughness, too, but it's TOTALLY worth it. Blessings!

Michael and Hannah said...

Sooo sweet! I love that picture of Tristan holding Bennett. priceless!