Sunday, April 10, 2011

March Randoms

March was a fun month for us with all the partying we did. I have just a few photos that don't seem to fit in anywhere else. On March 15th, Maura got to be star student at school. I think it's connected with their birthdays, so it was her turn. She was so proud to take her information sheet in and see it hanging on the wall. She insisted that we put butterflies all over it because she wants to be a bug scientist when she grows up. She also drew me a little fairy to put in the middle of the poster. I had to be a bit selective while choosing the fairy to include. She'd been drawing all her fairies with breasts that week!

Tristan visited the dentist for the first time on the 15th. I was babysitting Alex that morning, so I ended up taking three kids to the dentist office. I wasn't sure how that was going to go if Tristan didn't like the dentist, but I needn't have worried. He LOVED the dentist. Perhaps it was being the center of attention, maybe it was the TV on the ceiling, or the Lightning McQueen toothbrush, but he's asked to go back to the dentist's office several times since our visit. What a big boy--no cavities!

Tristan is my musical child. He's loved music ever since he was a tiny baby. He currently loves this "electric guitar" and frequently jams to the music. His favorite is the "party song" which is "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and he runs around like a maniac while it plays.

Below: Bennett spent the month of March trying to figure out how to crawl. He has the hands and knees part down, he just spends all his time rocking. He'll get it soon!

My crazy girl alternates between hamming it up for the camera and pretending the camera doesn't exist.

Below:March was community helpers month at Maura and Tristan's school. The kids were asked to dress like what they wanted to be when they grow up. Maura immediately decided that she wanted to be a bug scientist. She has a pocket full of (rubber)bugs.

Tristan opted to be a soldier. He originally decided on bug scientist too, but we knew he was just copying. He was awfully cute in his fatigues. Bennett wore his fatigues too in honor of the occasion. This month I've started working in the nursery at the kid's school for tuition reimbursement. I'm enjoying it and Bennett gets to be with me, so it's a win-win situation for me.

March was a strange month for us, weather-wise. It came in mild and beautiful and then proceeded to keep us guessing. It actually snowed on Maura's birthday. We just tried to soak in as much of the sunshine and nice weather as possible. Grammy came over to hang out with us too. Here's hoping for a much warmer spring than what we've experienced so far!!


post signature

No comments: