Below: I wanted to include this photo montage to demonstrate JUST HOW HARD it is to get a decent photo of my kids.
Well, I'll settle for all eyes on me! My three little Irish cuties!
We headed over to Lorie and Micah's house that evening f0r a St. Patrick's Day party. My sweet niece Alex was there to greet us. Tristan took her "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" shirt a bit too literally!
So did Maura! Lorie was the founder of our feast! I don't remember doing much on St. Patrick's Day prior to her study abroad in Ireland. Since she's returned, we've done a feast every year, complete with Shepard's Pie, Guinness Pie, Irish Soda bread, Potato soup, Mini Reuben sandwiches, Irish Cream cheesecake and more. It's some HEAVY food, but delicious!
Our friend Joanna made this awesome cake! Loved it! There were gold nuggets in the middle of the cake too!
Brent and I loved the chance to love on our sweet kids.
Bennett was pretty happy to have the chance to love on his Aunt Emily...and pull some of her beautiful hair!
Speaking of my Boo Boo, he turned nine months old on St. Patrick's day! It was his inside out day--the day when he's been outside my belly for longer than he was inside. At nine months, he was sitting up very well, getting up on hands and knees and rocking. He can roll EVERYWHERE and can get into anything. He's my mouthiest baby and will try to eat anything. He finds and eats the most random things. I pulled a horseshoe nail out of his mouth the other day. He is starting to talk a little and he says "Hi, mama and dada." He loves to wave at people. He is my smiley, happy, flirty little boy, but he's starting to develop stranger anxiety and likes to play shy when he someone for the first time. He's found his voice and likes to SCREAM. He love to hear himself make noise. He's no longer an easy baby to keep in church with his noise, bouncing and arching of the back. He is very wiggly! He is no longer a truly easy going baby. He has a definite opinion about everything and will make that opinion known! He's finally eating a bit better, but he much prefers finger food to baby food and will gobble down almost anything I put on his plate. He would down a whole container of puffs in one sitting if I would let him! My biggest news for the month is that he's FINALLY sleeping through the night. Hallelujah!! He figured out that he can roll on his belly and has slept soundly every since! Happy Inside Out day baby boy!!
Saturday, April 16, 2011
St. Paddy's Day
Brace yourselves for another day of over the top holiday celebrating! We love St. Patrick's day in our family. I'm not sure if it's because Lorie lived in Ireland for a time or that it's the first holiday that begins to usher in the springtime, but we're big fans around here! And, like everything, when we celebrate, we celebrate BIG! We wore green for a solid week prior to St. Paddy's day! The actual day fell on a Thursday when the kids had school, so we had to be ON THE BALL to get our green eggs and ham made and eaten before school. The kids had green milk too. The next few days were...colorful!
I had to get some photos of my little Irish sweetie. They say everyone is Irish on St. Paddy's day, but I think Maura might be able to claim a little more with her smidgen of Irish blood and Irish name. Notice her attire. Crazy spring weather. We had snow just one week prior. I dressed her in leggings and had a long sleeve shirt on her in the morning. By afternoon, she begged to wear short sleeves and her skirt because she was so hot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment