Monday, May 23, 2011

Precious

I wanted to write this down before I lose it in the craziness of the day and forget it forever. Today at lunch, the kids and I were talking about the tornado that occurred last night in Missouri and the damage from the tornadoes a few weeks ago. We had received an update from Samaritan's Purse, a humanitarian organization that we support which had pictures of the devastation following the tornado in Tuscaloosa. Maura minutely examined the photo and asked about the people who had lived in the flattened home in the photo. I answered that I hoped that they had gotten to shelter and were safe. Maura asked, "What if they died?" I answered, "Well, then I guess we have to hope that they knew Jesus." Tristan then piped up with, "So they can go to heaven and live with Jesus? Like GG did after she died?" I cried. From the mouths of babes.

post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Glad you took the time to write this down... so much comfort from such little babies with such big hearts!